20190424-Analyzer-Mtg

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: CC L210A (entrance is in the lobby across from the 2nd floor auditorium entrance)

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  419 045 306
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/419045306

Agenda

  1. respin of APEX runs: runlist
    • What output do we have?
      • CC will begin on the 30 uA runs
    • Agregator
      • Sakib had run the aggregator for the uncorrected trees. He also has regressed values in the aggregator tree.
      • Sakib says that for adding the values from the "mulc*" trees, we would need to have the "mul" and "mulc*" friended together.
    • Pair tree plots?
    • Do we have a "process a run" analysis chain ready? Do we want to set it up as a script? >> This will develop into the prompt analysis script.
  2. "Operations" branch
    • Uncommitted changes
      • Parity/prminput/#prexCH_beamline_eventcuts.1356-1423.map#
      • Parity/prminput/prexCH_beamline.1572-.map
      • Parity/prminput/prexCH_beamline.Carynfix.map
      • Parity/prminput/prexCH_helicity.1588-.map
      • Parity/prminput/prexCH_helicity.1593-1595.map
      • Parity/prminput/prexCH_scaler.1588-.map
      • Parity/prminput/prex_sam_pedestal.1635-.map
      • Parity/prminput/prex_scaler.1588-.map
      • Parity/prminput/prexinj_beamline.1572-.map
  3. Recent branch activity & pull requests
    • feature-cavityBPM
    • feature-PromptSummary
      • Sakib is still working on the formatting and adding in the new combinations. He expects that to be done in a few days.
    • bugfix-AggrigatorStringHandling
      • Probably ready submit a pull request. But Cameron had started implementing a new regression functionality into that branch. He will split it out, and revert the bugfix branch, test it, and submit a pull request.
  4. regression analysis
    • Comparison between postpan and japan-correlator
      • Not yet reported upon
  5. feedback
    • PK will follow up with Amali
  6. Beam modulation
    • Updates to the bmwClient
      • Ye has made the changes to the client, but hasn't had a chance to test.
    • Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
  7. VQWK adcs
    • One last module is ready to be tested
  8. EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
    • Updating EPICS decoder lists for PREX variables
  9. Bob's DAQ tasklist
    • Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
      • Current plan is to work on this early next week (Apr29)
    • Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
    • Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
      • CH crate has a preliminary cleanup and Caryn is checking signals
    • Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
      •  ??
    • Check the 7200 scaler setup at injector, find a spare 7200.
      • Talked to Bob related to timing. Event counters
    • Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
      • Tao will look into it soon.
    • Green Monster rework: Adam.
    • automatic production of run-dependent database
    • alarms like end-of-run voice
      • later
    • e-logbook entries
      • later
    • Document everything. Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
  10. Thinking about the tune mode scan
    • How long do we want to integrate? Beam pulse may be 360 us long, followed by a 4us pulse for tracking the linac pass.
    • Can we do all of the gate shifting with the VQWK gate delay, or de we need to use a timing board?

Present

Wouter, Cameron, Tao, Ye, Sakib, Paul K.

Excused