From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: CC L210A (entrance is in the lobby across from the 2nd floor auditorium entrance)

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  419 045 306
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/419045306


Analyzer code updates

  1. Recent branch activity & pull requests
    • PK: the prompt summary will be checked soon. It makes use of the data handlers and formats things nicely.
    • PK: LinReg typo will be merged
    • CC: panguin fixes add loading shared lib functionality
    • PK: we should bump up the minimum requirement for the root (6.08 was reported to be broken)
    • CC: for the online monitoring and feedback (pull req 89); pushed the size of the chunk close to the ET system limit. PK: will have to study to see the impact on the online analysis
  2. regression analysis
    • PK: RR and TY have started making comparison between postpan and japanReg; RR: there are some inconsistencies between postpan and japanReg wrt event numbering.
    • CG: should we throw events that only one subsystem has a DeviceErrorFlag? PK: there could be a mismatch between devices when calculating a correlation.
  3. feedback
    • PK: talked to Amali before lunch and she still is having some issues figuring out how to get the XC charge asymmetry. CG: will follow up with Brad S
    • PK: at least it was tested for PITA feedback and we should follow up on the rest. CG: position feedback also worked. Hall C feedback on the IA was not tested and neither were the helicity magnets; but Amali thinks it should be easy to implement.
  4. Beam modulation
    • Updates to the bmwClient
      • PK: Ye is working on the BMW client and she is doing a test Wed. Will communicate with them to see if they can test it out before the hardware check on Wed.
    • Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
      • PK: VO promised to push something up soon.

Hardware/DAQ tasklist

  1. VQWK adcs
    • CC: one last module is going to be repaired. There is no timeline for this.
  2. EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
    • RR: slow tree is reading everything fine. The fastLogger works. PK: will follow up on the start scripts today
  3. Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
    • PK: Cameron and I fixed the 7200 scalers in the injector and made the VQWK in the CH consistent with the injector setup. We need change the injector and CH to use a timing board to set the VQWK start — so we can do a test with tune mode beam.
    • KP: we ran with timing boards for PREX1.
  4. Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
    • CC: pending. This checks the scalers between the different crates. Injector and CH match.
  5. Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
    • CC: in progress. Labeling will be done once timing system is fixed.
  6. Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
    • CC: that is Bob’s court. PK: we should look at the CH and injector CRLs once we finish up with the timing.
  7. Check the 7200 scaler setup at injector, find a spare 7200.
    • CC: Checked. still need to find a 7200 spare. Bob will ask someone in hall B for a spare.
  8. Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
    • CC: plugged in a batter in the CH and injector crates. Analysis to follow.
  9. Green Monster rework: Adam.
    • AZ: worked on Compton; CG: let’s talk at the end of the day today.
  10. automatic production of run-dependent database
    • SP: all scripts are ready. Brad S. is working with computing center for a world facing server.
  11. alarms like end-of-run voice
    • later
  12. e-logbook entries
    • later
  13. Document everything. Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".

ReSpin of APEX runs


    • What output do we have?
      • CC: ran respin and will have to investigate the results
      • CC: aggregator works.
    • standard plots
      • CG: we'll go over the default plots at the 5pm mtg.
  1. "Operations" branch
    • PK: there were some extra files created during the injector studies. Will update soon.


Sanghwa P, Cameron C, Tao Y, Paul K, Ciprian G, Devi A, Kent P, Sakib R, Robert R, Adam Z