20191021-Analyzer-Mtg

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: CC F226

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  385 600 867
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867

This meeting immediately follows the PREX2 Analysis meeting, which is dedicated to tasks directly related to the PREX-II analysis.

Agenda

Analyzer code updates

  1. Pull requests
    • #239---Feature-Aggregator Add Regressed
      • Ready to be merged; I'll merge it later this week.
  2. New feature plans
    • Continuing development of minirun functionality
    • Data-handlers which can process results from other data-handlers
      • I've made some commits, and am testing it this week. Working to resolve conflicts
    • BMW first pass extractor
      • Cameron has been in contact with Wouter to get started, will follow up this week
      • Wouter has a WIP which uses an error flag test to select the events. Need to make sure Beammod has a unique error flag


Prompt analysis toolchain

  1. WAC checking of parameter files, etc.
    • Catherine has a HALog summarizing the normalization BCM changes up to slug 68: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3726581
      • Deviaki will carry this analysis forward after slug 68
      • A similar analysis would be to look at the double-differences as a function of time, when we had multiple BCMs working
  2. Status on the farm
    • I had forgotten to look into requesting more volatile space last week; should follow up this week
    • Need to set up the output directories
      • Robert is doing some test jobs, and will follow up with me
  3. Path to migration to japan
    • Needs: Correlation/correction done on mini-run basis, BMW extractor
    • Do we want to do all of the prompt plots again? Certainly for CREX; let's think about it for PREX
      • How much space are we useing in the web directory? Can we keep the PREX prompt, PREX respin, and CREX plots all at once? Robert will look into that
  4. Dithering analysis status & updates?
    • Needs follow up with Victoria and Ye. Cameron had worked with Ye a little bit last week.
    • Cameron has a modified way of storing the sensitivities and slipes in aroot file to make it easier to collect
    • I think we do want to have this as part of the PREX2 respin.
  5. Lagrange analysis
    • Maybe merge this with dithering analysis in some way? At least for the sensitivity/slope evaluation. Cameron will take a look at connecting it into the dithering toolchain as an additional step.
  6. Other issues
    • Tao asks if the combiner trees can have a summary tree too. I think that should be possible. It may need some of the changes in the data-exchange branch I'm working on, Tao has posted a Github issue (#248)

Other issues

    • Let's aim at getting everything ready for a respin by October 23.
      • We should have soem understanding about the pedestal changes before we start
      • We also need to have the "blessed" set of dithering slopes for all production runs
      • Do we want to use the digital downstream as the normalizing BCM for the whole run?
        • Caryn says that there are periods in the early run where both digitals were plugged into the same receiver, so the double differences are less meaningful...
        • The analogs have better resolution when they are working, so if we use the "hodgepodge" choice we get a improved resoultion
        • Kent suggests that for this respin we stick with the "hodgepodge"
        • Caryn asks if we should be sure to use the same BCM for normalizing as we used for feedback: Kent says let's not worry about it for now, but we should keep track of which BCM was used in feedback and normalization
        • Devi asks if we need to re-evaluate pedestals if we change the normalizing BCM? In fact, in the early runs the pedestals were determined with BCM-DS, but we used BCM-DSx3 as the normalizing BCM. It shouldn't really matter which BCM we used for the pedestal, as long as the BCM was working consistently with the others.
    • Are we doing things to fix the analog BCM?
      • Cameron has a function generator from J. Musson, to first check linearity at up to 150uA equivalent, but could also use it to check for the appearance on the noise in the BCMs
    • Bob is going to move all the PREX2 raw data to the adaq2 disk, so we should just be aware of that

Present

Tao, Devi, Don

Phone: Paul K., Cameron, Caryn, Ciprian, Jinlong, Kent, Bob M., Robert R., Sakib, Sangwha, Siyu

Excused