20200116-Analyzer-Mtg

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: Counting House Conference Room

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  385 600 867
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867

Agenda

Analyzer code updates

  1. Issue 274: Burst summary mis-counts patterns in mulc_dit
    • This is actually due to not all regression/dithering IV channels being included in the global error definition. We should review error definitions to ensure that we include the regression/dithering channels (since the choice of channels may change through the run)
    • Tao and Weibin will follow up on determining which IVs are used in whic run ranges, and make sure they are included in the global cuts.
  2. Issue 269: diff* variables are missing in burst and muls trees
    • This is a labeling issue; Paul has a fix in testing
    • Paul will try to get back to this issue to see where he was in the testing
  3. Pushing the last minirun into the previous if it is "too short"
    • Current plan: do one run-through without making trees, to find number of events in last burst. If "too small" then set a "max burst counter" and do the regular "pass1" analysis and continue the postpan and pass2 analysis.
    • Future plan: do a pass1 without making the trees, and only create the trees on second pass. Combine the slopes from the short minirun with the previous, and we need another label to tell the system when to do the burst advancement on the second pass. Postpan scripts would just run on pass2 outputs.
    • Cameron and Paul will follow up later today about PR #273 into operations and updating the adaq copies

Prompt analysis toolchain

  1. Respin1
    • Paused for now to allow MOLLER simulation jobs all the farm nodes they can get
      • Sakib suggests that MOLLER will need the farm through the end of January, but there may be periods (such as today) where they don't have jobs running. Sakib will coordinate with Robert about getting ~100 respin jobs submitted at a time during these lulls in MOLLER submission
    • Sakib also warned about an issue where ROOT files are not written properly to volatile; we should try to examine the files written to volatile to ensure they are not corrupted
  2. Dithering & Lagrange toolchain
    • Robert and Cameron will check on if it was active during the respin. If not, we'll finish this respin without it and do another soon
    • Status of the toolchains for CREX
      • Status report?
      • Lagrange analysis should use the same set of coils as dithering

New modification ideas

  1. Basing summary plots on JAPAN outputs directly
    • Summary and prompt plots
    • Can we consolidate the prompt summary outputs to be builtin to JAPAN now?
      • LRB outputs? Check with Robert
    • Aggregation can/should be changed to use the burst trees

Other issues

  1. Future reorganization of the web directories?
  2. Paul has a conflicting meeting next week; cancel next weeks meeting?
    • The meeting next week will be cancelled

Present

Sakib, Weibin, Tao

Phone: Devi, Dmitrii, Robert, Victoria, Paul

Excused