20200305-Analyzer-Mtg

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: Counting House Conference Room

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  385 600 867
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867

Agenda

New issues

  1. Discussion of changing the beam trip holdoff duration
    • Cameron thought 1-2 seconds was good. He was going to put together a summary, and to look at variations with ramp rate. The plan is to make the change in the offline analysis.
  2. Cleanup of the web directory for plots
    • We should also be able to get rid of the files like "run####_###_all.pdf" that are in the individual run subdirectories under the prex2/summary folder, as those PDF files are the concatenation of the other files in the directory.
      • Robert will set up a script to check that the individual PDFs are present and then remove the "all" PDFs

Analyzer code updates

  1. PR #277 has now been merged into prex-respin1
  2. Issue 269: diff* variables are missing in burst and muls trees
    • This is a labeling issue; Paul has a fix in testing
    • Paul will try to get back to this issue to see where he was in the testing


Other issues

  1. We should add a web directory for the PREX AT data, and do a respin for them
    • Weibin will set up the directory, Robert will then set up a special submission script for the transverse runs to use the new web directory.
  2. Devi was looking at the AT detectors from PREX-2, from the slug root files. The AT detectors have some outliers; this may be due to not using the local error-code on the AT elements (they are not part of the global error code). Further, these outlier runs don't seem to show up on the respin webpage. Devi will send Robert a few run numbers to look into what might have been happening with the jobs, and why they don't show up in the respin webpage.
    • Devi has tried the suggestions of using the detector's device error codes to eliminate the outliers in his survey of the AT detector dataset. That has worked.
    • He sent the list of runs that he had found missing output files to Robert. It seems like one or two runs in each slug.
    • Sakib will work on developing a script to systematically check all the runs in the run list.
  3. We should start following up on cleaning up unnecessary files from the chafs2 work disk (where the prompt root outputs go). I also saw an alert about disk space on the chafs1 work disk; I think this is mostly used by the polarimetry group so I'll let them know.

Present

Devi, Weibin

Phone: Paul, Robert R., Sakib, Victoria

Excused