From PREX Wiki
Meeting room at JLab: No meeting room at JLab
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 385 600 867 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
- Issue 275: Change of EPICS variables for the IHWP state
- This was pulled into operations, but we need to verify it doesn't break PREX-2 analysis before this gets pulled to develop.
- Issue 269: diff* variables are missing in burst and muls trees
- Merging is in progress and undergoing final comparisons to develop/operations.
- Issue 245: Burp / stability cuts adversely affect Beam Mod
- Quinn's changes are simply to expland the cut limits for the burp cut. An expansion of a factor of 2-3 from what was initially set seems to allow all BMOD data to pass. The impact on data quality is to be investigated.
- Victoria is working on a summary of the impact this has on data quality: short answer is that it looks pretty good.
Preparations for new respins
- PREX-2 respin2: We want to start this very soon
- Paul: Create a comboBCM to be (2*bcm_an_us + bcm_an_ds)/3 except for runs 3594-3573, for which we would use bcm_dg_ds; use this as the normalizing BCM
- Cameron: Add certain BPM combinations such as the average of 11 and 12 as combined objects, and use them in regression/dithering. Use run-ranging on this combined object to allow us to have a consistent name for the BPMs we use in regression/dithering even as we change the "best choice".
- This also needs us to collect the "best choice" into run-rnaged lists.
- Robert: Pedestal re-evaluation
- Paul: Merge operations & prex-respin1 back to develop and create a prex-respin2 branch
- Devi recommended adding the AT detectors to the global error; we should make a list of all the changes we are planning, and present them at the analysis meeting next week
- Here's the list:
- Burp cut changes
- Change in the normalizing BCM
- Pedestal updates, similar to what Cameron presented at April 24 PREX analysis meeting
- Use of combined BPM 11 & 12 in both regression and dithering
- AT detectors added to global error flag
- Automated merging of the last burst into the previous burst(?)
- Here's the list:
- What else do we need?
- CREX respin1: Start shortly after PREX-2 respin2 completes. Estimate about 4 weeks
- Dithering correction map updates
- Pedestal changes
- Run list updates
- What else
- Should we keep the same larger burp cut as in the PREX2 analysis?
- Maybe we can add a way to get a run-summary tree for events matching a certain ErrorFlag? This would be one way to get the asymmetries for the events during beam modulation
- Can this be done just in QwParity, or would it need deeper changes in the supporting classes?
- The other way to get the beam modulation asymmetries would be to do it as a postprocessing step from the normal trees.
Phone: Paul K., Adam, Cameron, Tao, Victoria, Weibin