From PREX Wiki
Meeting room at JLab: No meeting room at JLab
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 385 600 867 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
PREX respin2 issues
- The bcm_an_us glitch may be worth looking into in more detail. We caught the egregious examples of it, but it may be more common that what we saw. Maybe someone could do a survey of the respin2 outputs? Or think about this for the CREX respin.
- Weibin will work on surveying the respin2 outputs for glitches we hadn't recognized yet.
- Paul will look at what we might do to cut BCM glitch events for CREX.
- The output root files are being staged to tape, and I will start tarring and archiving the other directories soon. Which are ready?
- japanOutput/ --- ready
- LogFiles/ --- ready
- SummaryText/ --- ready
- LRBoutput/ --- ready
- respin2 webplots --- wait for any additional aggregation plots for a bit
- ditherOutput/ --- ready
- LagrangeOutput/ --- I will check with Tao about this and the next two directories to see if they are ready to be archived, or not yet.
- I realize that last time Devi had suggested we needed additional event cuts for a few runs. Do we need to do that?
- This is discussed in HAPLog 4132 The particular runs are 3853, 4013, 4015, and 4174. Run 4257 is also called out in the HAPLog, but it has been fixed already in respin2.
- Robert will look at the four runs to see what impact the beam fluctuations have on the corrected asymmetries.
CREX respin1 planning
- Progress on dithering correction terms
- Victoria will work to prepare a set of dithering corrections for the CREX transverse period, and we can try to set up a transverse-only respin. The dithering corrections may be different in the final analysis choice.
- We don't need to change the burp cut from was was used in prompt
- Are we happy with the normalizing BCM choice? And what is it?
- Beginning with run 5337 (before the start of slug100) the normalizing BCM is bcm_an_us. Caryn had gone through the CREX data so far to evelaute pedestals, and this BCM is fine for all of CREX. We should add the checks/cuts for glitching on the BCM
- I discovered a failure mode if a correlator/corrector asks for a data_handler variable which doesn't exist, it really gets messed up. Should add better checks and a way that it can progress smoothly with a missing variable. I have not yet added this as a github issue, but will shortly.
- Possibly work to streamline the "minirun conbination" process instead of running pass0 and pass1 to get the LRB slopes. Cameron had done some start on this work, but it isn't done.