BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 998 903 0149 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/9989030149
A partial TO-DO list suggested by Bob Michaels
-- Uncable much of the APEX/Tritium setup, leaving a blank slate
-- Reconfigure the DAQ. Remove FADCs to make room for MPDs. Create the CODA configs we need.
-- Install the MPD readout.
-- Using a programmable pulser, produce a fake detector signal into a discriminator, form a trigger, run the DAQ, and see the fake detector in ADCs, TDCs, and scalers. This implies software, too, see below.
There is more after that ...
SOFTWARE (at least some of the people who work on software must become experts in the hardware)
-- Use recent Podd version, revive ParityData class which contains quartz detectors, scintillators, and auxiliary diagnostics like scalers and trigger bit pattern.
-- Somebody else takes care of GEMS -- not my job.
-- Organize the counting-mode analysis to (1) Check out detectors in counting mode (pulse-height distribution, etc). Standard diagnostic histograms. (2) Check detector alignment with VDC tracks, (3) Study backgrounds (4) Support the Optics calibration of the spectrometer (5) Measure the Q-squared.
-- Prepare ROOT macros related to the above.
-- Prepare a reasonable database, e.g. transport tensor, crate map, detector map.
-- Test the software Test 1: Using APEX scintillator S2 data mimic PREX quartz and scintillators; see correlations to VDC tracks. Test 2: Using fake pulser (see hardware section) see data in ADCs, TDCs, and scalers Test 3: Reproduce sieve slit data and Qsq from PREX-I using this updated software. It should be a matter of switching databases and config files and pointing to the PREX-I data.
-- How to maintain and organize the software ?
- Bob: A list of hardware and software task for following few days. Test DAQ and software with fack pulser. Use S2 detectors as the quartz detectors.
- Seamus: Working on GEM decoding and tracking. Talk with Ola to combine VDC and GEM tracking information.
- Chandan: GEM4 (which was modified at UVa) is working. GEM1 has some problem. Looks like foils are spoiled. Will contact Kondo and fix a date to visit UVa for fix GEM1.
- Dustin: Working on AT detectors.
- Siyu: Reecived packages and assembled. 1 inch space betwwen layer is not enough. Missing part: Support for backplane. Need to extend the 80-20 parts to mount the GEM detectors.
Bob, Dustin, Seamus, Bryan, Ryan, Devi, Siyu, Ye Tian, Cameron, Chandan