PREX/CREX Apr 27 2017 1:00pm EDT
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F227
- Tyler: halop 3388
- TK: the conservative 40 mil of Al gives 1.2 mrad
- TK: analysis agrees with SR
- KP: slide 3: cannot do optica cal with dtheta larger than 0.5 mrad.
- TK: think that the difference between BM and SR are because they focus on different things. SR: I can reproduce BM number.
- TK: the transport matrices used by BM and SR are virtually the same.
- slide from SR (att 1 haplog 3378): different analysis method due to the correlation between theta and position. We need to look at the uncorrelated part. KK: what is the position dependece of the result around the Quad? TK: for starting at the septum is 0.2 and half a meter from the larget is 0.1. KP: this makes it clear why the vacuum window cannot be at Q1 or septum.
- Seamus Ca48 oxidation:
- SR: if we can get a precise measurement on the target we could put an upper limit wrt the oxidation. Sent email to Dave Meekins
- BM: this would compare with the original measurement? SR: yes, the assay had mg level precision
- KP: as long as it has not gained 80mg it means that we would be unde 10% oxidation.
- Kent: design progress
- KP: Ron L made significant progress. Parts are already being fabricated.
- KP: collimator box already has a good starting point, but more work has to be done.
- KP: trying to limit the amout of steel due to activation. there are places where we have to mate Al to steel. we need to be careful about it and Jesse is talking to Ed about it.
- BM: what is the transverse position tolerance on the collimator? KP: we know that 1 mm won't matter. We should look at higher levels in the simulation. We could potentially go to 3mm. KK: we should not go to 3 unless we gain from it.
- Kent: activation studies:
- KP: CG will produce some flux measurements from G4 and hand them over to Lorenzo Z
- KP: activation for the collimator box, we will use an old study for PREXII
- KP: the lead for the pig (in which the collimator would be raised) is going to be activated during the run. We need to rethink the plan, but for now the plan seems to be to have an Al house for the collimator on which we attach Pb at the end of the run before raising the collimator.
- Kent: Septum
- KP: still working on it. Guido is having reduced computing problems. At Manitoba they seem to find saturation in TOSCA but does not match previous measurements from before g2p.
- KP: plan is to estimate the saturation from the data and present it at the ERR to show that it's not a problem.
- Kent: machine protection
- KP: what are the ion chambers sensitive to? KK: would guess that it shouldn't be a problem now. KP: worried that the ion chambers are shielded by the collimator. KK: we should investigate how they work.
- KP: the current design frame is 2cm(or an inch) Cu.
Kent P, Tyler K, Ciprian G, Seamus R, KK, Victoria O, Silviu C, Tao Y, Bob M, Dustin M, Juliette M, Paul S