PREX/CREX Dec 18, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 555 144 462 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- Seamus: Tracking and optics, GEMs pdf
- SR: did some work at JLab trying to identify the resarouces needed for GEMS
- SR: the analysis will be difficult since they can do only two GEMs at a time
- SR: the S3 mounting in the past has been done with zipties. Jack suggested we couple to some rollers/rails. He would prefer to put everything in place outside and crane them up, and slide them in.
- SR: Jack thinks it would take about 2 weeks to deinstall the current stack and 2 weeks to install our stuff. So second half of March we should be ready for install
- KP: can we roll them in and craning them? SR: I want them to be installed after the stack is placed in the hut. We should have access to them.
- SR: the changes in CREX dR/R is more drastic because of it is not optimized
- KP: on the Q1 optimization, there was no posting. SR: will put in the docDB soon.
- KP: what are the pink/green lines. Green is a chamfer we had before (kept for historical purposes). The pink is the inner edge; it projects onto a vertical line at the pinch point.
- SR: sent bounding boxes off a couple of days so that they can put in the CAD model and see if they have any interferences.
- KP: can we get the lab coordinates (with the target 0,0,0) for the collimator? SR: will do that.
- KP: we should close the loop on the sieves.
- SR: if someone wants to write their own code for tracking, they should speak up.
- Paul: analyzer, DocDB/287
- PK: several projects hope to be soon merged into the develop branch.
- PK: Feb 1st will be the computing workshop
- Adam: Compton Slides-DocDB/288
- AZ: we may be able to lock the cavity (if we are lucky) by the holiday down.
- AZ: for the DOCP plots, the two pages are from the same scan.
- CG: are we still going to try to clean the mirrors to identify the deposits? DG: will contact RadCon
- KP: we’re still going to try and find the days for it (probably last weeks of Feb). SR: looks like Feb 22-23.
- KP: switches for integrating detectors to go between counting and integrating modes. we had them in the previous experiments. DM: it’s on my list. I will talk to Bob or Alexander. It looks like most likely will require an access. One of the complications is the preAmp which is different. KP: the french electronics used in H2 were great.
- Schedule for first mtg of 2019: Ciprian Weekly Meeting Discussion Topics
- Dustin: Integrating detectors
- CG: will decide in early Jan about meeting agenda.
- Tentative: Scheduling PQB time CG; Beam modulation VO; Cavity beam monitors YT; Integrating beam monitors CG
Paul K, Ciprian G, Sangwa P, Robert R, Eric K, Dave G, Adam Z, Chandan G, Seamus R, Siyu J, Ryan R, Rich H, Silviu D, Guido U, Cameron C, Jinlong Z, Tao Y, Ye T, Victoria O, Paul S, Sakib R, Dustin M, Devi A