PREX/CREX Feb 26, 2019 10:00am
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 628 981 532 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/628981532 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- Updates from concurrent running: Cameron, CG
- CC: APEX is running with intermittent magnet problems
- KP: we should be prepared to run beam studies, but we will need to remain flexible depending on the APEX running efficiency.
- Moller polarimeter update: Sanghwa Moller update
- SP: summary of work done by the whole Moller polarimeter group
- KP: what locks were in place for the first test? SP: both on the Moller target and 1H04 BPMs.
- KP: Have we settled on specific optics for 1 or 2 GeV? SP: we have something, we can further optimized, but over the range Azz is quite stable. DJ: we will setup the dipole so we have little cutoff on the top. Not clear a mm shift will be noticeable.
- (slide 8) PS: on the Q1 scan can we go further to see it drop again? DJ: that is a good idea.
- (slide 9) SP: we may want to add the cavity signals in the Moller DAQ (they show fairly good linearity at low current).
- PS: Are we going to use the scintillators during this commissioning? SP: currently they are noise and we don’t think we will end up using it. Simona ordered new PMTs. PS: these are larger and may be more sensitive to slit scattering or other backgrounds. SP: we are evaluating this in the simulation.
- Discussion for next week:
- Beam modulation: Ye, Victoria
- DAQ: Cameron, Paul, Bob
Adam Z, Robert R, Ryan R, Juliette M, Victoria O, Siyu J, Rich H. Paul S, Kent P, Chanda G, Silviu D, Jinlong Z, Dustin M, Cameron C, KK, Don J, Iris H, Guido U
Paul K, Ciprian G, Sakib R, Sanghwa P, Ye T, Tao Y, Eric K, Devi A, Amali P, Wouter D, Dave G,
Cannot make it