PREX/CREX Jan 10, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 627 455 790 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/627455790 Offline room: CEBAF Center B101
- Fluka simulation - Victoria is adding geometry as discussed before.
- skyshine simulation - Adam has established that we can sufficiently reproduce previous results and is investigating possible changes as requested by Hall A
- HRS optics - Seamus discussed the project
- ultimate goal: look at A_T enhancement in the HRS focal plane to guide the development of an in situ A_T detector
- Need to verify that calibration area is sufficient to describe the location of the A_T sensitivity enhancement. 2010 run had larger A_T sensitivity on the side of the acceptance, may have been artifact of extrapolating optics calibration into unconstrained location.
- Some progress in comparing 2nd order transport matrices to data.
- Ryan can produce some features (including raster)
- Assuming enhanced A_T sensitivity is possible, thinking about adding additional A_T detectors, to remove ambiguity between P_h and P_v transverse asymmetries.
- Separately, Tyler has continued work on ray tracing transport for GEANT simulation of HRS. good progress, but currently very slow calculation of HRS dipole field. Either bug-fixing or optimization is required.
Bob, Adam, Cameron, Chandan, Guido, Ryan,Seamus,Silviu,Victoria,Dustin,Devi,Kent
Caryn and KK (UGBOD) and Cip (HEP-Chile)