PREX/CREX Jan 26 2017 1:00pm EDT
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F227
- General business: Kent
- KP: PREX/CREX ERR: 17 May
- KP: the date for the Coll mtg is on March3,4
- KP: Caryn has finished some work in the injector in preparation for PREX (wrt spotsize of the beam and divergences)
- PREX/CREX design: Kent
KP: WRT the new sky shine shield design: the design document puts it too high, but that is not a problem since the chamber requirements needs it to be that high (within 1 in). It now covers about 15% of the solid angle. We don’t expect this to be a problem with the boundary dose and particularly with CREX5 design running (maybe a factor of 2).
- KP: we hope to do a calculation and go back to RadCon to check. KK: we should negotiate with RadCon once we have results.
- KP: any other updates on design? SC: everything is done and approved. extend the legs to support the Pb too. Meekins will do the structural calculation for the thickness of the legs and Alan will place the Pb.
- SC: will send step file with current CAD model
- polarimetry: Kent
- JM: Compton mtg: there is a possibility that the Hall C electron detector might work in hall A if we move the whole can and make a new flange. could be the cheapest things we can do for PREX. KP: where would the budget for this come from? JM: We only need manpower to install and run cables, but this would be a cheap way to get an electron detector. KP: we should not put this as a priority (it’s not a NEED). JM: this is indeed a LIKE.
- KP: how about the current electronics for the hall A electron detector. JM: we ruled out using the QWADs because it was expensive. at manitoba we are still investigating with cosmic data (16 strips at a time). at JLab everything has to be moved.
- KK: we should start a moller group to start simulations going.
- Ca target: Seamus
- KK:postpone until next week? SR: sure. KP: please update slides with detailed calculation
- JM: will test the scrapping method with natural Ca. KP: we just need a believable bound
Silviu C, Ciprian G, Dustin M, Tao Y, Julliete M, Tyler K, Caryn P, KK, Kent P, Bob M, Paul S, Guido U, Seamus R