PREX/CREX Mar 12, 2019 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 628 981 532 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/628981532 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- APEX running and beam studies next week: CG
- CG: I'll take on RC for the two days.
- CG: we have scheduled about 4.5 shifts for Moller polarimeter and 1.5 shifts for other activities (Compton, Beam modulation, Low current scans)
- KP: if we can determine that a raster sync test would show visible improvements we should try to squeeze this in as well, if not let's plan to do it after the start of the SHD (scheduled hall down).
- Beam modulation: Ye, Victoria
- VO: we will log the hardware change for the beam modulation coils.
- VO: preparing for a test during the 2 days after the end of APEX.
- japan: CG
- CG: postponed to next week.
- Tracking and optics: Ryan Optics Update
- RR: looking at the AT enhancement in the focal plane.
- RR: optimized the simulation/matrix elements to match the data.
- RR: looked at a simulation (without radiative corrections) for Pb and the focal points seem to be upstream.
- RR: at this point I think the fringe fields are creating the remaining discrepancies.
- RR: should have a 0day optics setup soon.
- BM: do we have a plan to if things are different from P1? SR: understanding the Q1/Q2/Q3 variation is important and with information in hand we should be able to do any variations needed when we start up.
- SR: HRSTrans is a quick tool but won’t give us “reality”. Even if we get perfect agreement between the sim and data, we will still plan to use the information we see in the focal plane.
- BM: what are going to do for POD (the hall A analyzer) for input for these magnet info tensor? SR: we should plan to setup Q2, Q3 as we had it at PREX1 and swing Q1 until we get a proper tune.
- SR: I’m exploring tuning up the septum by seeing where the holes go in and out of the acceptance.
- BM: what is our plan for the software? configuration that analyzes optics data and has the correct DB? SR: for the flash ADCs and new electronics we should take what APEX has and add the GEM configs we have in the cosmic stand. It’s on my plate to do.
- GEMs and cosmics: Chandan
- ChG: we fixed the leak in the gas system and we continue taking data with 3GEMs and 1 quartz.
- ChG: one GEM detector has a problem and will need more work. Half of the GEM foil is not working
- Discussion for next week:
- Ion chamber simulations: Adam
- Cosmic stand: Chandan
Dave G, Ciprian G, Adam Z, Devi A, Caryn P, Ye T, Eric K, Tao Y, Amali P, Jay B,
Cameron C, Chandan G, Dustin M, Iris H, Jinlong Z, Juan Carlos C, Robert R, Ryan R, Seamus R, Victoria O, Paul S, Rich H, Mark P, Kent P, Sakib R, Silviu D,
Cannot make it