PREX/CREX May 4 2017 1:00pm EDT
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F227
- Seamus: Septum 1cm shift results ELOG 3391
- SR: the intuition from last time turned out to be true, a 1 cm shift does not affect the experiment much
- SR: we would have to use a 10^-3 level weaker field and slight change in measured Q^2 KP: the field being smaller is counterintuitive. SR: it may pick up more field integral with this configuration
- BM: can we use an analysis like this for the alignment question? SR: yes, we could check and we probably don't have too tight constraint.BM: this would minimize the installation time. SR: we should be careful regaring the pitch of the magnet (not being level).
- CG: what will a 1mm raster on horizontal (CREX) do? SR: would not expect large changes.
- Seamus: schedule for tomorrow.
- SR: meeting 1-4 tomorrow. Should have my slides ready.
- Caryn: ion chambers
- CP: looked at different locations for Ar and N2 detectors.
- CP: the best ratio between copper and leand seem to be behind the collimator (good signal, factor 2 difference) and 53 deg US (small signal, factor of 3/5 difference).
Kent P, Seamus R, Bob M, Victoria O, DUstin M, Tao Y, Tyler K, Silviu D, Guido U, Paul S, Caryn P