PREX/CREX Monday, June 22, 2015 3:00pm EDT
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: +1-888-240-2560 or +1-408-740-7256 and See International Numbers Code: 174599135
Discussed about two chamber target design and recent model calculations done by Silvu on PREX-I target heat issues and a rotating lead target.
See elog-2978 for two chamber target design update
Bob, Ciprian, Caryn, Rakitha, Seamus, Paul
- Two chamber target design discussion
- The current collimator box would not fit a 30 cm diameter beam pipe and needs to be changed accordingly
- For now simulate with smaller beam pipe to fit the collimator box
- Compare radiation numbers
- Since we are going to run PREX CREX combined mode, add proposed PREX+CREX merged collimator desing
- Two collimators will be merged vertically and drops from the top. At the end of two experiments the merged collimator will be dropped to a box under the collimator box
- Therefore it would be important to have similar design in the simulation
- There are still discussion about the possibility of rotating lead target by Roger and Silviu has done some model calculation about PREX-I target heat issues and potential rotating target design.
- There are lot of issues needs to addressed about this design and currently as a collaboration we don't have resources to look in to this alternative design.
- Silvu's report will be posted by Bob later
- Beam parasitic studies needs a to-do list
TO DO Lists
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)