PREX/CREX Monday, March 2, 2015 3:00pm EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: +1-888-240-2560 or +1-408-740-7256 and See International Numbers Code: 174599135
- Radiation Around Septum and HRS Area Electronics by Ciprian elog-2969
Paul,Ciprian,Rakitha, KK, Dustin, Kent, Bob, Seamus
- Ciprian analysis was started to address the Thia's concern that order of magnitude reduction in radiation wrt to PREX-I is only relative. Therefore simulation was done to compare with LH2 target at 3.08 GeV (HAPPEX setup)
- This simulation results shows that the increase in the radiation for electron hut areas are minimal in PREX-II wrt HAPPEX setup
- One issue that still concerns us related to what damages PREX-I has done to the hall.
- Bob was able to look at faults occurred during PREX-I by looking at halog entries.
- It would be nice to do similar fault count during HAPPEX running
- Also look at fault count during PREX-I followup experiment (deuterium target with 5% heavy radiator )
- It should be noted that PREX radiation issues mainly arise due to narrower aperture septum beam pipe and fringe field issues that were not present in other Hall A experiments.
- Compare the power dumped into the hall A in PREX I and II and also HAPPEX and deuterium experiment that followed the PREX-I experiment
- PREX-II budget list budget_prexII
- We need similar budget for CREX now
- Beam parasitic studies needs a to-do list
TO DO Lists
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)