PREX/CREX Monday, September 21, 2015 2:00pm EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: +1-888-240-2560 or +1-408-740-7256 and See International Numbers Code: 174599135
Ciprian, Kent, Seamus, Paul, Dustin, Guido, Ricky, Tyler, Nickie, Rakitha
- Ciprian working on the Pan, online monitor still need someone to work on it
- Tyler coming to JLab Oct 4th and stay till Oct 12th
- Lumi update by Dustin,
- Ed Folts can de-install old lumi to replace new ones. He will uninstall them. Nickie will coordinate for Dustin
- Need bottle of N2 gas from Ed
- Rate calculations for small angle lumi are ongoing - Dustin
- 1g/cm^2 (2%) Carbon target to be put
- Make sure beam energy is large and beam is stable
- we expect beam energy to 9 GeV
- we will not use low energy 6 GeV beam on 1g carbon target
- we need series of guide lines for using the Carbon target
- Not more than 20 uA beam
- Heat calculation for Carbon target
- 20 uA on 1g/cm^2 of target
- Is the heat flow out of the carbon target as an issue?
- estimate from Dave Meeking ? back of the envelope based on dE/dx for 2% (0.5 cm) carbon target we get about 34 W at 20 uA
- Carbon target will needs to be cooled.
- Charles OK with ECAL parked out of the acceptance
- Lumi area is crowded we may have to check this out.
- Halo monitor :
- 1. movable halo target with a hole DS of raster to intercept the halo around the beam
- 2. Scintillator detector to read the halo target scattered background
- Do we need large angle lumi monitors? Kent and KK
- what's the beam-pipe configuration coming out of target.
- Nickie is going to make some diagrams and pictures to map DS of target area beam pipe
- Tyler used Silvu's CAD drawing to generate pictures for scattering chamber area.
- Lead dimensions for collimator housing and thickness is not based on simulations or activation studies
- Front and back of the lead box need shielding due to activation of the collimator is on the front and back of the bore of the collimator
- We need to input from Alan at the stage
- size of the beam-pipe in the scattering chamber should match to a standard con-flat flange - Tyler, Kent, Ricky
- We will need a task list with priorities - Kent
TO DO Lists
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)