PREX/CREX Oct 30, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 555 144 462 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- Upcoming November 11-12 collaboration meeting
- radiation around collimator update: Adam/Victoria ELOG Entry 3557
- G4 and FLUKA simulations in reasonable agreement
- expectations that thin Al would be sufficient were mistaken: pentration in the plastic is significant. If aluminimum is suitable shield, will need to be thicker than 1cm. Will be investigated.
- Steel would be fine as a shield, but will leave long-lived activation which is undesirable at deinstallation. Still, the rest of the beam pipe isn't expected to be a major problem, so might be fine. Will discuss options with Robin first.
- Adam will also check for dose on upstream shield.
- analyzer update (Bob)
- Fixed PAN and its db file, to decode the cavities correctly. Ye Tian to verify.
- Cavities have also been being logged in EPICS, so investigation of this logged data will be useful for checking their function
- ET system - now functioning, Cameron has been checking its function. "fast" (null) analysis catches 100% of events with no deadtime in "blocking" mode up to 1 kHz. There are missing events in analysis if run in unblocking mode. Will play with buffering to make this work correctly in unblocked mode.
- PMT linearity - Dustin comments that PMT linearity results do not seem consistent for different flip rates. We will discuss (starting with a presentation from Devi) next week.
- GEMS -
- Dustin and Bob will review the spreadsheet for items that may be hard to locate, and start planning for how to find all this stuff.
- Seamus reports he has made progress on a CAD for the support structure, and has been thinking about other aspects of installation (gas panel location, cable routing, etc.) Will discuss with Bob about the available space in the HRS.
- detailed discussion about geometry of cans. Need to verify off models, build CAD of beamline installation to be unambiguous (Adam). Need to check dimesions with care in simulation (Cameron).
- Drawings in docDB89
Adam, Amali, Cameron, Caryn, Chandan, Devi, Dustin, Eric, Paul K, Rich, Robert, Ryan, Sakib, Seamus, Silviu, Victoria, Ye Tian, Juliette, Jay, Kent
Cip, KK, Dave G