PREX/CREX Oct 30 2017 11:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 847 917 938 Offline room: CEBAF Center F227
- Dump Shielding Update: Ciprian slides
- target thickness
- PS: would we benefit from reduction in radiative corrections? SR: yes, by about 10%
- PS: by the diamond will get more radiated by double the beam
- KK, KP: we should still look into if we want to have smaller thickness (maybe 75% is our ideal point)
- KP: angular profile
- BM: thinner targets would need 6-8 month lead time and ~20-50k$.
- water shielding
- DG: water for shielding sounds like a good idea for RadCon. We should evaluate how much radiation would get absorbed. If we choose to do it we will need to design something where they can sample as a function of time.
- BM: should be worried about making a leak tight container. JB: the drain in the hall does not go to the environment; so they need to take care to not dump that out
- MOLLER simulations
- KP: if MOLLER needs a larger pipe there may be a stronger motivation to this KK: we cannot say with any confidence if MOLLER will need a dump change
- Design and engineering:
- KP: they have gone back to a pipe type design for the collimator region and trying to not remove the collimator. Feedback is needed from us with regards to the activation.
- KP: discovered a problem with the fixtures on the braised collimator. One of the portions of the water pipe is setup differently than in the design
- KP: the collimator tube is being considered to be made out of stainless or aluminum
Tao Y, KK, Ciprian G, Tyler K, Dave G, Jay B, Bob M, Sanghwa P, Seamus R, Paul S, Paul K, Ryan, Kent P, Silviu D, Dustin M, Cameron C,
Victoria O, David A