PREX/CREX Sep 26, 2019 14:00
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 373 507 581 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/373507581 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- AT detectors during PREX2: Devi HAPLOG
- DA: Compared to PREX1 for the rescattering measurement KK: we can put a 100% uncertainty on it and it should still be ok; We will see in the real analysis if we need this to be better. BM: there are some also possible inelastic backgrounds;
- Blinded AT
- DA: asymmetries are consistent with 0 and
- DM: the yield ratio is between blinded and unblinded yields on the AT detectors.
- KK: are the widths gaussian? For now we should focus on the fact that the asym is 0 and we are not planning to apply any correction from this.
- KK: at this level we need to estimate the contribution from the pedestal to the width. DA: will look into this. KP: you should make sure in the current scan (or PITA scans) that you are linear in this regime. DM: we did a current scan in the blinded stubby test.
- Moving ATs around
- DA: the AT results are sign corrected.
- DM: we will summarize the AT position scans and scale with the Q2 acceptance bite
- Collaboration meeting agenda: Kent
- KP: will check the room reservation and registration link
- Update on PRex GEM analysis: Siyu slides
- SJ: the size of the GEMs makes the noise on the SBS GEMs larger.
- SJ: the LHRS noise level is larger than the RHRS
- KP: why is there spiking on noise? SJ: there is a capacitance problem between the digital and analog outputs.
- SJ: the noise subtration algorithm seems to do a good job separting signal
- SJ: the efficiency of the GEMs is above 85% for the RHRS. The LHRS shows smaller efficiency, the second GEM detector has a known issue (should run at high HV).
- SC: we plan to break the vacuum Oct10th. We plan to install the new ladder shortly after. Plan to examine the Pb Nov 10th. Nov 11th plan to do the ladder alignment with Ca in place. We need to pay close attention to when RadCon will allow work around the pivot.
Devi A, Weibin Z, Ye T, Tao Y
Bob M, Cameron C, David A, Dustin M, Guido U, Kent P, Paul K, Paul S, Rakitha B, Robert R, Ryan R, Silviu D, Siyu J, Victoria O, Jay B, Wouter D, Jinlong Z, Don J, Jim N, Ezekiel W, Sanghwa P, Ciprian G, KK