PREX/CREX Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
Hall A collaboration meeting agenda agenda
Rakitha, Dustin, Juliette, Seamus, Nickie, and Kent
- PREX Getting Pushed Back in the Schedule
- According to the schedule shown by Thia and Bob now it is on parallel with hall B start-up.
- Agreed to discuss this with Thia
- Also what is the possibility of running CREX before PREX (since CREX estimated to have less radiation dose) if PREX and CREX to be run in sequence
- Septum Magnet
- Can we design the PREX-II magnet coils to reach CREX high current requirement? (CREX require twice the magnetic field of PREX-II)
- Will PREX-II septum work by only increasing current and doing water cooling? If this is the case we have to design the septum magnet with support for high water flow and additional water pump.
- We have to work with John Larose for tuning the optics after the septum magnet
- This include tuning in the spectrometer and minimizing fringe field to electron beam (to the dump)
- He uses software called SNAKE
- Currently Nickie is wrking on getting the simulation program (AMC) ready for testing calibration targets but this could be used to optic tune checks as well. One possibility is to try to port **fields maps from SNAKE to incorporate with AMC simulation. This way we can verify optic tune by our selves.
- We need to have the optic tune correctly and make sure transverse distribution of the scattered electron envelope is not wider than the width of the PMT. If this is not the case we have to make design changes.
- CREX Target Assembly
- Can we get hold of some cheap 40-Ca for testing?
- We have to do a heat load study on the CREX target assembly
- Juliette has a somewhat complete Geant4 design in one GDML file. We have to port this to CAD program and then do a heat load (thermal) study. Dustin will look into that since one of his student has experience in CAD work.
- Once we have this study, we can consult with Oak Ridge for target design
- We have to address the septum magnet issues and CREX target assembly design before the next PAC review. Possibly by end of 2014
- From Last Meeting
- Beam parasitic studies