PREX/CREX Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:30am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: +1-888-240-2560 or +1-408-740-7256 and See International Numbers Code: 174599135
Update from Rakitha
- Optimized Polythene+Water Shielding Comparison elog-2956
Seamus, Rakitha, Ciprian, Nickie, Caryn, Paul, Bob, KK, Dustin, Kent, Guido, Lorenzo
- Discussion about the meeting agenda
- Mark Pitt to feed Lumi slides to KK as Mark is unable to attend to the meeting
- Lorenzo can feed slides to Rakitha to prevent remote meeting talk mishaps
- We could postpone the BMod discussion till our next collaboration meeting
- Peng is also unable to attend the meeting this time
- For next week, Dustin and Tyler will present their new results for discussion - Dustin, Tyler
- We would like to get some input about radiation damages from Jack Seagal. Original plan was to Jack give a talk to the collaboration meeting. But we are leaning more towards Jack joining to next week phone meeting to answer our questions and may be Kent or Bob can summarized and present it during collaboration meeting. - Bob, Kent
- We could also talk with Ed Folts about this to get more input - Bob, Kent
- Poly+Water Shielding
- Fill the air gap in front of the current poly shielding. See Alan's last collaboration meeting talk slides 3-4
- We would like to see effect of this shielding on neutron background
- Make sure to increase the water container height to have an air gap between water and aluminum container.
- Thermal couples needs to be attached to collimator and water cell : Update Alan about this.
- The aluminum container must be vacuum tight before filling water : Update Alan about this.
- The plumbing to the aluminum container must be vacuum tight
- Make sure to have no contact between aluminum container/water and cyro flow lines to prevent water freezing
- Update the Alan about the new poly shielding make sure he update his CAD with our new design before the meeting
- Add kinetic energy plots for neutron spectrum so see the observed effect of water on neutrons - Rakitha
- Include more plots show current two rectangular boxes will completely cover the line of sight for the collimator - Rakitha
- Beam parasitic studies needs a to-do list
TO DO Lists
- We need to have an estimate of how much coulombs used for PREX-I data and an estimate for PREX-II to determine effectively how much more beam time we will use.
- Have a optic calibration run plan (discussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)