PREX/CREX Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
Updates from Rakitha
- Full Simulation for Radiation in the Hall : Followup elog-2934
- Full Simulation for Radiation in the Hall with Tungsten Beam Pipe elog-2935
Updates from Nikie,
- Water target rates : elog-2936
Updates from Lorenzo,
- Septum pipe Magnetic field : elog-2937
Rakitha, Dustin, Paul, Juliette, Lorenzo, Nickie, Seamus and Kent
- One outstanding issue we would like to settle is what is the Non-Ionizing Energy Loss (NIEL) for photons.
- As seen in elog-2934, there is large amount of photon power originate from target to septum pipe region. Even though we don't have direct line of sight for the main electronics in the spectrometer behind the quard magnets, there could be some effect of this photons. Also there are electronics related to septum magnet and vacuum controls near this high photon radiation area.
- The photon issue could also be raised at the PAC review so one more reason to understand the damage from photons.
- Nickie has obtained water target rates map (see elog-2936). We need to soon start a discussion with Nilanga, about the calibration targets design and other outstanding issues related to this.
- Possibility of meeting before upcoming PAC to discuss PREX issues like technical support and effect of Hall A/C restructuring on the experiment. Kent will try to organize this.
- From Last Meeting
- Beam parasitic studies
TO DO Lists
- Have a optic calibration run plan (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)