PREX/CREX Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
Updates from Rakitha
- PREX I/II Collimator Bore Radius Scan (elog 2928)
- PREX Electronic Hut Radiation : P-1 (elog 2929)
- PREX Background Radiation : A Summary for Discussion (elog 2930)
Updates from Nickie
- PREX - Focal Plane Distributions (elog 2931)
Rakitha, Seamus, Dustin, Paul, Guido, Lorenzo, Nickie, Bob, KK, Juliette and Kent
- We would like to have a optic calibration run plan with a step by step procedure for commissioning.
- For this, review what happened during last run to improve our run plan
- In last running we saw an asymmetry in rates between two spectrometers as well as discrepancy between simulation and data
- We want to generate optics plots for CREX and for inelastic distribution
- For CREX, we have to make sure transverse distribution at the focal plane is within the detector size
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning.
- Neutron radiation, the important question to ask is,
- Uniform distribution or 1/R^2 distribution of neutrons in the hall. We can assume that low E neutrons are uniform but high E neutrons drop as 1/R^2. So goal of the next simulation is to verify this claim. Also we want to know whether where neutrons are created is going to matter for radiation on electronics.
- In PREX-I there were considerably amount of neutron radiation generated from the wall as back scattered. See elog-2854
- We want to see the plots generated in elog-2769 and elog-2854 with our new PREX-II collimator
- Lorenzo have done an analysis with dumping electron beam/neutrons into concrete and see neutron production/radiation. He will update when he finds the analysis references.
- We have to discuss the cooling issues for our collimator with Engineering (Alan).
- From Last Meeting
- Beam parasitic studies
TO DO Lists
- Have a optic calibration run plan (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)