PREX/CREX Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
Rakitha : A Prototype collimator for PREX (Iteration-1) elog-2908
Dustin : Preliminary comparisons between G4 and MCNPX neutron prodution elog-2909
Rakitha, Seamus, Dustin, Kent, Paul, Guido, Bob, Lorenzo
- MCNPX Simulation first updates
- MCNPX neutron yield estimation for neutron is factor of 2 high at energies 5-20 MeV compared with Geant4 results.
- Similar comparison with tungsten will be done soon
- Current simulation used an electron beam. To minimize the EM effects, same simulation study will be done using a photon beam and compare with Geant4
- PREX Prototype Collimator
- Current collimator lenght needs to be shorten to fit in the PREX setup.
- Increase the DS bore radius to minimize the slit scattering
- From Last Meeting
- Beam parasitic studies