PREX/CREX Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
- Updates from Rakitha
- Updates from Lorenzo
Juliette, Paul, Rakitha, KK, Lorenzo, Bob, Seamus, Dustin
- Results from MCNPX simulation are compared with Geant4 simulation to understand Neutron production. Possible to get some results by next week.
- Beam parasitic studies: By early 2014 we will be able to schedule parasitic studies.
- So do we have to keep a list of studies we want to do with the beam?
- Polarimetry Commissioning - Juliette will involve with the Compton commissioning what about Moller porimeter?
- PREX DAQ resurrection before parasitic studies - Bob is in charge of this.
- The current collimator design is kept to simple cylindrical shape to study beam interaction with the collimator
- Current dimensions and Z location of the collimator blocks our acceptance
- Now we are in a position to discuss things with the engineering as we have a better understanding of the collimator and the radiation it creates
- Arrange a meeting with engineering as we now need help for cooling and design constraint on the collimator
- Rakitha will come up with a basic prototype design diagram for engineering meeting and Bob will arrange a meeting with Engineering group
- From Last Meeting