WAC Notes September 25 2020
Date and time: September 25, 2020, 11:00am
Bluejeans ID: 385600867
Meeting link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
This page will help archive our plans for preparing the CREX respin. We will not start any serious work on these tasks immediately, as the priority is to finish the PREX analysis for unblinding before the DNP2020 meeting.
We were nearly ready for a respin of the first part of CREX, so we may not need to put much effort on the earlier runs. All of the following needs to be done for slugs 186 onward (beginning at run 7627, see WAC Notes August 11 2020)
- Finalize run lists
- Recheck the WAC notes, slug plots, and rcdb for consistent identification of runs
- Verify all needed cuts are applied appropriately
- Perhaps especially look at the cuts on the 12X shifts; continue to do this with tuned upper/lower cuts or add stability or burp tuning?
- Burp cuts: During prompt analysis, we had made a hard-coded change to the burp cut settings around August 23rd. We should revisit the necessity, and make sure we can set up the burp cut setting with run-ranged map files.
- Dealing with runs in which slow controls settings change partway through the run.
- 7402 had the IHWP change mid way through, and the latter portion of the run was just cut away. Which portion of the run is the "good part"?
- A few other runs have had special map files added to select slices with specific target/IHWP states. This is somewhat clumsy, and it may be better to see if we can have the initial EPICS decoding respect the CODA-event-cut ranges
- Can we scan the data set for other cases? Likely the easiest way is to look for events with blinding failures and understand what caused them
- Recheck pedestal analyses and appropriate ranges
- Update the list of calibration runs
- Analog BCMs had slow drifts, and had some instantaneous jumps
- Decide upon dither correction sets and define the "blessed" correction slopes
- Verify we have all detector/monitor combinations defined in the analysis that we want to monitor