Difference between revisions of "20190116-Analyzer-Mtg"

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting previous meeting << >> following meeting == Logistic informatio...")
 
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
== Logistic information ==
 
== Logistic information ==
 +
 +
'''  Use blue jeans ID, 415 824 2483, for today'''
 +
 
   BlueJeans calling instructions:
 
   BlueJeans calling instructions:
 
   Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 
   Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
Line 9: Line 12:
 
   Bluejeans CODE:                  419 045 306
 
   Bluejeans CODE:                  419 045 306
 
   Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/419045306
 
   Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/419045306
 +
  
 
github repository: [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan JAPAN]
 
github repository: [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan JAPAN]
Line 14: Line 18:
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
# online plots [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan/pull/50 pullRequest]
 
# online plots [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan/pull/50 pullRequest]
#*  
+
#* We will do pull request [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan/pull/50 #50] in the near future, to bring in the panguin functionality
 +
#*  Wouter will look at the FindROOT as suggested by Ole and will update pull request [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan/pull/47 #47]
 +
#*  We will also look at how the changes in pull request [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/japan/pull/48 #48] are working on the adaq machines.
 
# regression analysis
 
# regression analysis
#*  
+
#* Paul expects to finish the work to get the data handler, correlator, and corrector classes compiling by next week.  We can then decide how to proceed.
 +
#*  Some discussion about what outputs we want.  We will want to be able to plot corrected and uncorrected variables, but we might be able to do so using aliases rather than creating a fully corrected tree.  We should start thinking about use cases once the code is present
 +
#  feedback
 +
#*  Paul also thinks he can have the feedback engine compiling by next week, and then Amali could begin modifications to support the new INJ parameters
 
# DAQ issues
 
# DAQ issues
#*  
+
#* [https://ace.phys.virginia.edu:80/HAPPEX/3590 2 ET update from last week]
 +
#* On the DAQ to-do list
 +
#** Point 3 (filenames, etc) was done on Tuesday
 +
#** Point 4 (scalers) was done last week
 +
#** Point 2 (synch) is in progress, maybe half done - see [https://ace.phys.virginia.edu:80/HAPPEX/3594 CH + HRS scaler synch update] and [[DAQ_Testing/20190115|wiki notes page]]
 +
#** I'd like to see progress on points 9 (test JAPAN+DAQ) and 8 (Pedestal studies) next.
 +
#** Point 11 is somewhat urgent if we want to have time to repair bad modules
 +
#** It looks like Adam has taken over point 10 (Greenmonster).
 
# VQWK adcs
 
# VQWK adcs
#*  
+
#* Cameron had talked with Chris C.; Chris thinks he's identified an issue in the analog front end on the bad channels, and has confidence on being able to repair it
 
# Other issues
 
# Other issues
#*  
+
#* Wouter has been working on adding HAPPEX ADC decoding to japan.  <br />'''Q''':  Initially it just can be used as the hardware channel for beamline classes; do we need it to support PMTs? <br />'''A''':  Yes, we should be able to treat these channels as PMTs, but those changes aren't high pritority and can wait for a student to pick them up.
 +
#*  There is a parity analysis/simulation workshop organized by Cip on February 1.  Do we need additional input from this group to that workshop?
 +
#*  We should discuss at next weeks meeting what talks and status reports this group would have for the collaboration meeting.
 +
 
 +
== Bob's DAQ tasklist ==
 +
  TO-DO list for Parity DAQ
 +
    updated Jan 4, 2019
 +
 
 +
Cameron & Bob: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
 +
Tao & Cameron: 8, 9
 +
Bob: 3, 6, 10
 +
Cip, Cameron, Tao: 13 
 +
1 Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
 +
2 Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
 +
3 File naming, reset run num, finalize configs (INJ, CH, ALL)
 +
4 Fix scalers on spectrometer crates.
 +
5 clean up cabling, labels, fasteners.
 +
6 Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
 +
7 Check the 7200 scaler setup at injector, find a spare 7200.
 +
8 Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk. 
 +
9 Test JAPAN. Need cable map & labels. Possibly maintain "pan" ?
 +
10 Green Monster maintenance.
 +
11 Test spares.  Repair bad modules.
 +
12 Document everything.  Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
 +
13 Online software, a bit undefined since software is changing.
 +
    (a) automatic production of run-dependent database
 +
    (b) alarms like end-of-run voice (Bob)
 +
    (c) feedback
 +
    (d) coil-pulsing aka modulation aka dithering (Victoria)
 +
    (e) panguin (GUI showing real-time plots)
 +
    (f) prompt analysis
 +
    (g) e-logbook entries
 +
    (h) archiving EPICs data
 +
Accomplished
 +
  * Revive all crates.
 +
  * Deploy all ADCs needed and test each channel.
 +
  * Build various DAQ configs with subsets of the DAQ crates.
 +
  * Timing diagram, check timing of external signals and readout.
 +
  * ET system upgrade, test rate limits, ensure deadtime zero.
 +
  * Implement Bank structure.
  
 
== Present ==
 
== Present ==

Latest revision as of 15:52, 16 January 2019

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Use blue jeans ID, 415 824 2483, for today

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  419 045 306
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/419045306


github repository: JAPAN

Agenda

  1. online plots pullRequest
    • We will do pull request #50 in the near future, to bring in the panguin functionality
    • Wouter will look at the FindROOT as suggested by Ole and will update pull request #47
    • We will also look at how the changes in pull request #48 are working on the adaq machines.
  2. regression analysis
    • Paul expects to finish the work to get the data handler, correlator, and corrector classes compiling by next week. We can then decide how to proceed.
    • Some discussion about what outputs we want. We will want to be able to plot corrected and uncorrected variables, but we might be able to do so using aliases rather than creating a fully corrected tree. We should start thinking about use cases once the code is present
  3. feedback
    • Paul also thinks he can have the feedback engine compiling by next week, and then Amali could begin modifications to support the new INJ parameters
  4. DAQ issues
    • 2 ET update from last week
    • On the DAQ to-do list
      • Point 3 (filenames, etc) was done on Tuesday
      • Point 4 (scalers) was done last week
      • Point 2 (synch) is in progress, maybe half done - see CH + HRS scaler synch update and wiki notes page
      • I'd like to see progress on points 9 (test JAPAN+DAQ) and 8 (Pedestal studies) next.
      • Point 11 is somewhat urgent if we want to have time to repair bad modules
      • It looks like Adam has taken over point 10 (Greenmonster).
  5. VQWK adcs
    • Cameron had talked with Chris C.; Chris thinks he's identified an issue in the analog front end on the bad channels, and has confidence on being able to repair it
  6. Other issues
    • Wouter has been working on adding HAPPEX ADC decoding to japan.
      Q: Initially it just can be used as the hardware channel for beamline classes; do we need it to support PMTs?
      A: Yes, we should be able to treat these channels as PMTs, but those changes aren't high pritority and can wait for a student to pick them up.
    • There is a parity analysis/simulation workshop organized by Cip on February 1. Do we need additional input from this group to that workshop?
    • We should discuss at next weeks meeting what talks and status reports this group would have for the collaboration meeting.

Bob's DAQ tasklist

 TO-DO list for Parity DAQ
   updated Jan 4, 2019
Cameron & Bob: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
Tao & Cameron: 8, 9
Bob: 3, 6, 10
Cip, Cameron, Tao: 13  
1 Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
2 Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
3 File naming, reset run num, finalize configs (INJ, CH, ALL) 
4 Fix scalers on spectrometer crates.
5 clean up cabling, labels, fasteners.
6 Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
7 Check the 7200 scaler setup at injector, find a spare 7200.
8 Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk.  
9 Test JAPAN. Need cable map & labels. Possibly maintain "pan" ?
10 Green Monster maintenance.
11 Test spares.  Repair bad modules.
12 Document everything.  Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
13 Online software, a bit undefined since software is changing.
    (a) automatic production of run-dependent database
    (b) alarms like end-of-run voice (Bob)
    (c) feedback
    (d) coil-pulsing aka modulation aka dithering (Victoria)
    (e) panguin (GUI showing real-time plots)
    (f) prompt analysis
    (g) e-logbook entries 
    (h) archiving EPICs data
Accomplished
 * Revive all crates.
 * Deploy all ADCs needed and test each channel.
 * Build various DAQ configs with subsets of the DAQ crates.
 * Timing diagram, check timing of external signals and readout.
 * ET system upgrade, test rate limits, ensure deadtime zero.
 * Implement Bank structure.

Present

Excused