Difference between revisions of "20190603-Analyzer-Mtg"

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
== Logistic information ==
 
== Logistic information ==
Meeting room at JLab:  '''CC L210A''' (entrance is in the lobby across from the 2nd floor auditorium entrance)
+
Meeting room at JLab:  '''CH Conference room''' (on the accelerator side).
  
 
   BlueJeans calling instructions:
 
   BlueJeans calling instructions:
Line 15: Line 15:
 
=== Analyzer code updates ===
 
=== Analyzer code updates ===
 
#  Recent branch activity & pull requests
 
#  Recent branch activity & pull requests
#*  
+
#* PK: Merged everything from OPS to DEV and will follow up with Tao to run Pass2 for 30 uA.
 
# burpcuts
 
# burpcuts
#*  
+
#* PK: will need to push the stub for burpcuts. CG: will pick this up with help from Paul.
 
# miniruns & regression analysis
 
# miniruns & regression analysis
#*  
+
#* PK: almost there; need to check with Robert and Wouter; the engine can recognize the standard asym/diffs and the data handlers can work with miniruns. The correlator needs to store results in a coherent fashion in the burst tree. Workaround could involve extending names. For the second pass we really need the burst tree setup properly. Prob around 2weeks timeline.
 
# feedback
 
# feedback
#*  
+
#* PK: followup with Amali needed. She has had success so far. We will use these to put in some vars into EPICS for MCC OPS. CG: will work with Amali to push feedback code to repo
 
#  Beam modulation
 
#  Beam modulation
 
#*  Updates to the bmwClient
 
#*  Updates to the bmwClient
#**
+
#** PK: worked with VO and YT testing the new client. There were a few todos left. They are working on them. We will have another test soon. We also need to add the ramp variables into ADCs and working to add these to the output.
 
#*  Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
 
#*  Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
#**
+
#** RR: working on it. pushed up but mixed with regression(burst tree). PK: can think of a hack layer to setup if needs be.
  
 
=== Hardware/DAQ tasklist ===
 
=== Hardware/DAQ tasklist ===
 
# EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
 
# EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
#*  
+
#* CG: SP is working on it.
 
# Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
 
# Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
#*  
+
#* PK: got the VQWKs setup. We had a followup GM mtg. We'll use that to setup electronics timing. CC and I working on the crl. We need to figure out how to add the scaler and HAPPEX ADCs in here as well.
 
# Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
 
# Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
#*  
+
#* PK: waiting on a new version for the a board (low risk). Looking at scalar based sync for the injector.
 
# Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
 
# Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
#*  
+
#* CC: working on it.
 
# Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
 
# Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
#*  
+
#* PK: leaving the dirty trick (it was not being used). Some CRL work still ongoing, but it's ok for the most part of it (beam mod). DROP THIS ITEM from agenda.
 +
#* CC: might want to do a ramp scan through CRL. PK: we should talk about it.
 
# Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
 
# Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
#*  
+
#* CC: KK will organize this afternoon.
 
# Green Monster rework: Robert
 
# Green Monster rework: Robert
#*  
+
#* RR: can set values on the CH crates. All of the tabs seems to be working. Adding functionality. Having issues with killing the VXWorks board (tab not working). PK: will work on it together. RR: will document.
 
# automatic production of run-dependent database
 
# automatic production of run-dependent database
#*  
+
#* CG: will check with Brad S. today.
 
# alarms like end-of-run voice
 
# alarms like end-of-run voice
#*  
+
#* CC: working on the GUI. The code will need to be implemented.
 
# e-logbook entries
 
# e-logbook entries
#* later
+
#* CG: SP working on it.
 
# Document everything.  Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
 
# Document everything.  Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
 
#* CC: will make circuit diagrams.  
 
#* CC: will make circuit diagrams.  
 
# Remote power supply cycling capability:
 
# Remote power supply cycling capability:
#*  
+
#* CC: trying to figure out how to use them (talked with Jack).
 +
 
 
=== ReSpin of APEX runs ===
 
=== ReSpin of APEX runs ===
 
[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lPRPk-IzzBdXKH4nujMcFYRrRwcvfKOMtl-omLCYO7M/edit?usp=sharing runlist]
 
[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lPRPk-IzzBdXKH4nujMcFYRrRwcvfKOMtl-omLCYO7M/edit?usp=sharing runlist]
 
# Aggregator Sakib:
 
# Aggregator Sakib:
#*  
+
#* SR: working on it.
 
# Pass 2: Paul
 
# Pass 2: Paul
#*  
+
#* PK: will setup the scripts for pass 2 and run through later today.
 
+
===  Special meeting about Green Monster ===
+
*  We will use GreenMonster as the primary mode of setting electronics settings.
+
**  Green monster should also be able to write to files to store default settings which are used at boot. {Cameron}
+
**  We should remove the module setting routines from the CRL (actually just disable them). {Cameron}
+
**  Do we want to use the TB to set the scaler gates?  BM and KP say yes.
+
***  Let's use the TB signal as the scaler gate, with a possible fiddling around to better align the TB gate with the VQWK integration.  This might be through using an extra external gate, removing the VQWK internal delay, or other solutions.  PK and CC to follow up on this on Monday.
+
***  Timing validation btween scaler gate and VQWK would have to be done by putting the scaler gate into a VQWK channel and scanning the VQWK timing settings.
+
**  Bob would like to see some kind of study where we check for transients and make sure we have a long enough T_settle.
+
***  Maybe we need to take a special run with beam where we start with zero TB delay and a very short VQWK integral and step the delay up to some nominal value. We (CC & PK) should prepare a test plan to be able to run at some convenient PQB opportunity.
+
**  We should add some alarms/alerts that the settings are "unusual" when starting a run
+
  
 
== Present ==
 
== Present ==
 +
Cameron C, Paul K, Ciprian G, Tao Y, Michael , Robert R, Devi A, Adam Z, Sakib R,
 
===Excused===
 
===Excused===
 +
Kent P, Sanghwa P,
  
 
[[Category:Meetings]]
 
[[Category:Meetings]]
 
[[Category:Analyzer_Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Analyzer_Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 10:59, 3 June 2019

Back to Main Page >> Analyzer_Meeting

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

Meeting room at JLab: CH Conference room (on the accelerator side).

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  385 600 867
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867

Agenda

Analyzer code updates

  1. Recent branch activity & pull requests
    • PK: Merged everything from OPS to DEV and will follow up with Tao to run Pass2 for 30 uA.
  2. burpcuts
    • PK: will need to push the stub for burpcuts. CG: will pick this up with help from Paul.
  3. miniruns & regression analysis
    • PK: almost there; need to check with Robert and Wouter; the engine can recognize the standard asym/diffs and the data handlers can work with miniruns. The correlator needs to store results in a coherent fashion in the burst tree. Workaround could involve extending names. For the second pass we really need the burst tree setup properly. Prob around 2weeks timeline.
  4. feedback
    • PK: followup with Amali needed. She has had success so far. We will use these to put in some vars into EPICS for MCC OPS. CG: will work with Amali to push feedback code to repo
  5. Beam modulation
    • Updates to the bmwClient
      • PK: worked with VO and YT testing the new client. There were a few todos left. They are working on them. We will have another test soon. We also need to add the ramp variables into ADCs and working to add these to the output.
    • Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
      • RR: working on it. pushed up but mixed with regression(burst tree). PK: can think of a hack layer to setup if needs be.

Hardware/DAQ tasklist

  1. EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
    • CG: SP is working on it.
  2. Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
    • PK: got the VQWKs setup. We had a followup GM mtg. We'll use that to setup electronics timing. CC and I working on the crl. We need to figure out how to add the scaler and HAPPEX ADCs in here as well.
  3. Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
    • PK: waiting on a new version for the a board (low risk). Looking at scalar based sync for the injector.
  4. Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
    • CC: working on it.
  5. Clean up CRL -- eliminate so-called "dirty trick"
    • PK: leaving the dirty trick (it was not being used). Some CRL work still ongoing, but it's ok for the most part of it (beam mod). DROP THIS ITEM from agenda.
    • CC: might want to do a ramp scan through CRL. PK: we should talk about it.
  6. Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
    • CC: KK will organize this afternoon.
  7. Green Monster rework: Robert
    • RR: can set values on the CH crates. All of the tabs seems to be working. Adding functionality. Having issues with killing the VXWorks board (tab not working). PK: will work on it together. RR: will document.
  8. automatic production of run-dependent database
    • CG: will check with Brad S. today.
  9. alarms like end-of-run voice
    • CC: working on the GUI. The code will need to be implemented.
  10. e-logbook entries
    • CG: SP working on it.
  11. Document everything. Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
    • CC: will make circuit diagrams.
  12. Remote power supply cycling capability:
    • CC: trying to figure out how to use them (talked with Jack).

ReSpin of APEX runs

runlist

  1. Aggregator Sakib:
    • SR: working on it.
  2. Pass 2: Paul
    • PK: will setup the scripts for pass 2 and run through later today.

Present

Cameron C, Paul K, Ciprian G, Tao Y, Michael , Robert R, Devi A, Adam Z, Sakib R,

Excused

Kent P, Sanghwa P,