From PREX Wiki
Meeting room at JLab: CH Conference room (on the accelerator side).
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 385 600 867 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
Analyzer code updates
- Recent branch activity & pull requests
- #127---Removed old qwparity_simple, updated test cases that used it.
- #144---Hotfix disable temp rootfile
- #128---Updating qwhelicity pattern to calcualte burst asyms eventwise instea…
- #145---Feature: second moments, errors, number of samples for bursts
- All of these will be pulled into develop later today
- New code in PK's workdir should demonstrate burp functionality for subset of objects; needs to be tested. Extension should be straightforward if it works
- P.K.: will test this version, then discuss who can pick up the extension
- miniruns & regression analysis
- Miniruns are in progress, but likely not ready at start of run
- Day-one regression will be done over the entire run and output in the "blueReg" files
- K.P.: What about the "uber regression"? W.D.: Ought to be able to use an instance of the existing correlator and give it a large list of IVs. Needs to be checked for performance impact though. May need some work to keep from clobbering the default correlator outputs
- Branch has been pushed to github
- Many new EPICS variables are intended to be written on the update cycle of the charge feedback to give diagnostic info to OPS
- How to ensure we catch run transitions? Explicit kill and restart, or can the engine catch the run transition?
- C.G: How many EPICS variables can we actually support writing to? P.K.: We'll have to test it and see how much of an impact it will have. First step would be to add the capability to write to at least some of them, and then see how impacted the alayzer becomes
- Beam modulation
- Updates to the bmwClient
- Total rework to do the looping and EPICS calls from a Linux process and send data to VxWorks using cfSock
- Interaction with CODA will remain the same. There are changes to the VxWorks library needed to support this new system
- Are there halls which want a 'FFB paused' signal, and do have their cables?
- CG: will bring this up at the 0745 meeting tomorrow
- Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
- New decoder has been comitted; needs to have cuts defined.
- Post-production extractor is in progress
- Still intend to do the extraction from JAPAN as part of first pass. Likely not ready at start of run
- P.K.: which events should fail the BMOD cuts? K.P.: only the active modulation events; make sure there is a flag for the FFBpaused events though
- Updates to the bmwClient
- EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
- automatic production of run-dependent database
- e-logbook entries
- All three of the above will be turned on in the near future
- Green Monster rework: Robert
- He'll install an "official" copy soon. Later we should import it into the DAQ repo.
- Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
- All crates now have timing defined at boot, scaler gates are defined as (HAPTB Gmn2 && T_stable)
- I think some CRLs still have module initialization at Prestart, so we need to pull that out.
- Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
- Scaler-based sync for injector is better, but still not 100%; see  and attachment
- New digital system will be available some time after the run starts
- Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
- CC & TY to have a follow up meeting with KK later today or tomorrow
- alarms like end-of-run voice
- Data quality alarm concept: a realtime engine will report problems via text output on a periodic basis (~few seconds), the alarm display will poll this and warn the shift crew.
- "End-of-run" voice would be tied to coda transitions
- Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
- CC: working on it.
- Document everything. Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
- CC: will make circuit diagrams.
- Remote power supply cycling capability:
- CC: trying to figure out how to use them (talked with Jack).
ReSpin of APEX runs
- Aggregator Sakib:
- Pass 2: Tao
Ciprian, Tao, Cameron, Michael V., Paul K., Yufan, Juliette Phone: Devaki, Devi, Kent, Robert R., Wouter