From PREX Wiki
Meeting room at JLab: CH Conference room (on the accelerator side).
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 385 600 867 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
Analyzer code updates
- Recent branch activity & pull requests
- Activating the blinder
- Tao was checking the EPICS variables the blinder needs to determine the sign
- Robert & Rakitha had been working on this
- miniruns & regression analysis
- A simple "uber regression" has been added. Seems so far to have minimal impact on performance.
- Minirun status---
- The engine now has the capability to catch run transitions, and can recieve a signal to restart the event loop. Two changes need to be pulled from develop to feedback to enable that.
- Many new EPICS variables are intended to be written on the update cycle of the charge feedback to give diagnostic info to OPS
- C.G: How many EPICS variables can we actually support writing to? P.K.: We'll have to test it and see how much of an impact it will have. First step would be to add the capability to write to at least some of them, and then see how impacted the alayzer becomes
- Beam modulation
- Updates to the bmwClient
- Total rework to do the looping and EPICS calls from a Linux process and send data to VxWorks using cfSock: Victoria & Rakitha
- Interaction with CODA will remain the same. There are changes to the VxWorks library needed to support this new system
- Hall C and Compton each have one cable ready to send the "FFB pause" or "modulation active" signals. Hall B will just watch the EPICS variables
- Decoding and BMOD tree extraction
- New decoder has been comitted; needs to have cuts defined.
- Post-production extractor is in progress
- Still intend to do the extraction from JAPAN as part of first pass. Likely not ready at start of run
- P.K.: which events should fail the BMOD cuts? K.P.: only the active modulation events; make sure there is a flag for the FFBpaused events though
- Updates to the bmwClient
- EPICS run-start and fast logger (and EPICS decoder to slow tree)
- automatic production of run-dependent database
- e-logbook entries
- All three are now active
- Green Monster rework: Robert
- An "official" copy is installed under ~apar/devices/PyGreenMonster. Later we should import it into the DAQ repo.
- Timing: mostly understood, still small mysteries (LNE)
- I think some CRLs still have module initialization at Prestart, so we need to pull that out.
- Synchronization-check system. w/help from Ed Jastrzembski
- Scaler-based sync for injector is better, but still not 100%; see  and attachment
- New digital system will be available some time after the run starts
- Pedestal studies, aka cross-talk
- alarms like end-of-run voice
- Data quality alarm concept: a realtime engine will report problems via text output on a periodic basis (~few seconds), the alarm display will poll this and warn the shift crew.
- "End-of-run" voice would be tied to coda transitions
- Clean up cabling, labels, fasteners - First need to examine all signals
- CC: working on it.
- Document everything. Circuit diagrams, cable map, "how to".
- CC: will make circuit diagrams.
- Remote power supply cycling capability:
- CC: trying to figure out how to use them (talked with Jack).
ReSpin of APEX runs
- Aggregator Sakib:
- Pass 2: Tao