From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 11:54, 7 January 2020 by Ciprian Gal
Meeting room at JLab: Counting house conference room
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 613 285 596 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/613285596
- Marisa Petrusky: position dependence of light yield during PREX2
- MP: it seems that the closer you get to the PMT the higher the avg ADC yield. DM: This is probably due to attenuation
- MP: the linear fit (pol1) is much better than a flat assumption.
- MP: the Maints beam studies didn't show much difference in the non-dispersive direction so the "parabolic" shape may be something we want to further investigate? PK: for the y dependence it would be interesting to take a slice in X and do the analysis there. Overall it doesn't seem to have a large dependence SP: could we check this shape with different runs? KP: the pedestal separation would make it harder.
- KP: could you zoom in for the 2D plots? (maybe ever the 1D plots).
- MP: the slopes between VDCs and GEMs don't agree that well. DM: we still need to work on the track finding algorithm for the GEMs.
- MP: the tables are in ADC units
- KP: the change is 5% over the entire range and we need to fold that in. we need to be a little bit careful about the ADC cutoff; I don't remember such good separation
- KP: you want to cut at the line and subtract the mean of the pedestal. So you need to change the cut to the line.
- Robert: pedestals
- RoR: over the break we ran test jobs and did the first few respin jobs. everything checked out ok and we have just submitted the entire respin set. probably will be done by the end of the week.
- KP: for this respin we have a consistent set of cuts and we cleaded up the data. we also made beam modulation changes.
- TY: we still use the post-pan definition of the miniruns. KP: we might want to change this next respin.
- RoR: we have the web plots up now for the respin. https://prex.jlab.org/analysis/prex2/summary_respin/
- SB: we should write the output files to tape. PK: we'll see how things go because we have some reserved space now. once we go through the respin we'll indeed put them to tape.
- KP: we will make a plan on to go through the respin data.
- Victoria: beam modulation (raw data quality, residuals)
- VO: we have most files/slugs made. we are still investigating slugs0-2 and the ones without BM. Will present next week.
- YC: will be back at the beginning of Feb and will continue with the analysis then.
- DP: working on the BPM regression. will prepare a presentation soon.
- Adam Z, Weibin Z
- Amali P, Cameron C, Marisa P, Paul K, Kent P, Robert R, Ryan R, Tao Y, Victoria O, Ye T, Jinlong Z, Rakitha B, Sanghwa P, Dustin M, Devi A, Devaki P, Don Jones, Yufan C, Silviu C, Sakib R, Juliette M,