HRS DAQ for Q2, Optics
The HRS DAQ is used for Spot++, Optics, for measuring Qsq, and background studies. Except for Spot++, these activities are expert driven and not part of normal production.
If you are looking for Spot++ instructions: https://prex.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Spot%2B%2B
Here is a checklist for switching between counting mode and integrating mode.
L-HRS DAQ runs on adaq3 ........ R-HRS DAQ runs on adaq2
CODA will normally be running already. But, to start CODA from scratch on either HRS: "startcoda"
The running config is usually LeftHRS or Righthrs, but there may be other configs for special purposes.
Triggers are listed below.
How to set Prescale factors: Type "prescaleL" or "prescaleR" and use the obvious GUI.
Scalers display (xscaler): Login to aonl1 as the a-onl account and type "xscaler", then do what it says to do. Note that xscaler is normally running on the hapc2 computer above the adaq1 console.
Triggers for PREX T1 = S0A & S0B T2 = S3 T3 = S0A || S0B T4 = Upstream Quartz T5 = Downstream Quartz T6 = ((S0A & S0B) & S3) = T1.and.T2 T8 = Clock -- 103.7 kHz on L-HRS, 1024 Hz on R-HRS Note about prescale factors Max prescale factors: ps1-4=16777215; ps5-8=65535 T9-12 cannot be prescaled but any trigger can be turned off with ps=0
recovery from problems
Sometimes the DAQ doesn't work, particularly after a long down time. The easiest way to recover is to reboot the ROCs and type "startcoda" from the appropriate account ("adaq") on the appropriate computer (R-HRS on adaq2, L-HRS on adaq3). To reboot the ROCs the easiest way is to type "reboot" on the vxWorks prompt of each login (the x-terms with names of the ROCs in their title). Another way is to go to the magnet epics screen (Hall A tools) and find the "crate resets" button. Note, both fastbus crates in each HRS are reset with one button. For the ROC20/31 VME crate its usually good enough to "ctrl-C" out of it and do "startcoda". If you really have trouble, call Chandan Ghosh, Bob Michaels, or Alexandre Camsonne -- in that order.
ROC remote power cycle
- For LHRS (roc31) remote power cycle: Use IP: 126.96.36.199 (this will open a web page with crate control tabs, this will ask for user and password).
- For RHRS (roc20) remote power cycle: telnet hatsv3 2007;
- Type 'CAEN'. (Nothing will display on screen at you type).
- A menu with options to control the Crate will appear. Type 'C' to view the status of the crate.
- If the crate is off, type the letter 'o' to turn it on.
- If the crate is ON but is stuck and needs rebooted : type "o" to turn crate OFF. After 20 seconds, type "o" to turn it back ON
- Type 'crl+]' to exit the ROC.
- Type 'q' at the "telnet>" prompt.
- For Fastbus crates (LHRS - ROC3,ROC4,ROC5 & TS0; RHRS-ROC1,ROC2, ROC6,TS11): Go to 'Hall A general Tools'. Open 'Crate Resets' under 'MISCELLANEOUS' tab.Then click to 'click to reset' on both 'Lower Fastbus AC' and 'Upper Fastbus AC' tabs for a particular arm.
Even more detail:
https://wiki.jlab.org/tegwiki/index.php/Tritium_DAQ_page ... lot of details (some not applicable, though)
https://wiki.jlab.org/tegwiki/index.php/Hut_Remote_Power_Map. ... remote power cycling. Ask the above experts for pw.