From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 09:23, 29 August 2019 by Rom
Magnet scan for rescattering and poletip. (Proposal)
- Integrating mode
- 2 uA (to be safe) on Lead
- Adjust HV to get a good signal for 2 uA
- Compare signal on detector for new HV to normal HV
- Detune spectrometer up in momentum. All magnets adjusted.
- 1%, 2%, 4%, 7%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%
- Note, Jack said the septum could go up but wasn't sure how high. The septum power supply may limit us.
- A scan down may be considered. Motivation is for poletip scattering and just in general to understand the HRS.
- Same conditions as above.
- -1%, -2%, -4%, -7%, -10% (negative)
== Poletip Scan
- Start with all magnets at tune P (nominal).
- Counting mode.
- 20 nA on Lead
- Q2 scan +/- 2%, 5%, 10%
- Septum scan: +/- 5%, 10%, 15%
- Do we already have these data from earlier in the experiment ?
Later to have a Geant4 model to try to understand these scans.