This page is under construction (Oct 14 2009).
The Lead Radius Experiment ("PREX"), experiment number E06002, uses the parity violating weak neutral interaction to probe the neutron distribution in a heavy nucleus, namely 208Pb, thus measuring the RMS neutron radius to 1% accuracy, which has an important impact on nuclear theory. The experiment is being performed by the HAPPEX collaboration which has recently completed experiments E99115 & E00114 -- i.e. HAPPEX II and HAPPEX Helium.
Proposal and Updates
- 2005 Proposal Update (Postscript), and Same, PDF.
- 2002 Proposal Update
- Original Proposal (Dec 1999).
Contributing to the PREX wiki
- To get a new account: click login.
- Where the page invites you to obtain an account click "request one" and follow the instructions.
- I'll get an e-mail, will approve you and you'll get a password by e-mail.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
MediaWiki has been successfully installed.