PREX/CREX Aug 29, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 13:52, 29 August 2018 by Kent Paschke
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 627 455 790 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/627455790 Offline room: CEBAF Center L210A
- New PREX weekly meeting time: Tuesdays 10am (ET)
- Dustin: GEM/Main det. setup at Jlab this Dec.
- Need infrastructure / space request to give to Thia
- Space / equipment needs start in December, through APEX and at least to the start of PREX, best if all the way through PREX
- Next step on list: circulate with Chandan/Tao/KK , then back through Bob
- Dustin: Quartz thickness Study
- Thin detectors being studied for PREX. 6mm planned, 5mm and 4mm under consideration.
- Weird result (in tandem simulations, downstream detector registers less PE than upstream detector) suggests there may be a strong angle dependence
- Intrinsic angle spread in spectrometer will be larger than expected MULS width in tandem detector test, so this needs investigation
- Simulation of angle dependence of thin detectors has not been done with high precision near the 90 degree incidence. (Maybe 6mm, but not 5mm or 4mm).
- Investigation could also repeat simulation without one of the tandem detectors to look for bugs, or output angular distribution of incident rays on second detector to consider along with an angular sensitivity plot from another simulation.
- Simulation recently updated to select rays (position,angle) from realistic acceptance in spectrometer.
- Adam: New Sieve Collimator Design
- Used CAD models to consider the size of sieve collimator needed to cover the PREX acceptance.
- Also used PREX-I hole pattern to suggest a hole pattern for the PREX-2 collimators
- This will need to be discussed with Nilanaga. Adam and Kent will follow up on that.
Adam, Amali, Cameron, David A. Devi, Dustin, Eric, Kent, KK, Paul S., Paul K. Rich, Ryan, Seamus, Tyler, Victoria, Ye, Silviu, Guido