PREX/CREX Aug 3 2017 11:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 15:23, 3 August 2017 by Ciprian Gal
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F227
- Ciprian: septum pipe slides
- CG: Jay made an implementation that shows almost complete reduction of the fringe field at the center of the Septum for CREX.
- Ciprian: dump configuration, radiation calculation slides
- GU: to verify that the thickness of the PREX1 apperture plate/diffuser is to blame for the increased radiation damage we should run with a thinner apperture (like the PREX2 donut) and see what we get.
- SR: it looks like a larger apperture and shielding would be the ideal configuration. We should include the new fringe field from Jay to see how it changes things (it should improve things significantly).
- PS: Do we know where PREX1 damage came from (target, collimator, dump, beampipe)? CG: don't have numbers on hand now, will look it up.
- PS: could you provide NEIL vs energy distributions for e/gamma and neutrons? CG: will update slides and send them over later today.
Dave G, Sanghwa P, Bob M, Cameron C, Adam Z, Victoria O, Ciprian G, Caryn P, Seamus R, Paul S, Silviu D, Guido U, Dustin M, Tao Ye,
Kent P, KK