PREX/CREX Jan 29, 2019 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 11:26, 29 January 2019 by Kent Paschke
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 628 981 532 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/628981532 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- GEMs and Linearity DAQs @ JLab: Devi and Chandan -- slides
- Devi - Linearity tests
- fought noise issues, got it working by leaving test lab. (60Hz cycling very apparent in test lab)
- now calibrated PMT light levels, ready to start linearity tests
- Chandan - GEMs in Test Lab
- SBU DAQ not stable at JLab, event word mismatch
- ISU DAQ seems to have same problem
- DAQ problem seems correlated to the QADC.
- also, gas-leak problem (using gas too fast...). Dustin suspects the regululator. Chandan suggests using N2 to debug instead of CO2/Argon mix.
- Devi - Linearity tests
- Analyzer (JAPAN): Paul -- Slides at DocDB/301
- feedback, online.
- builds on adaq, need to add pan-based feedback
- data handler and combiner/correlator classes.
- hooks are hardcoded, should be generalized to allow easier run-time specification and addition of new classes
- Panguin - memory-mapped root file still getting worked on.
- HAPPEX ADC decoding class (Wouter and Bob started this)
- still need some generalization of data classes (detector, for example, is hardwired for Qweak ADCs)
- This is redundant, but a summary of tasks that someone who wants to get involved could start pursuing:
- feedback (Amali)
- generalization of data types for detectors
- generalizing data handler and combiner/correlator classes (not hardcoded)
- implement uses of combiner/correlator class, adapt to PREX data buffers
- grand regression matrix
- beam modulation data output
- Schedule update: Kent will discuss with Thia this week. March beam studies are either a) on schedule, b) 1 week late, or c) cancelled.
- SAMS - Dustin and Devi checked up on these
- They are now cabled and (mostly) working
- Exception is that SAM1 has a bad cable, to be fixed hopefully by Jack
- will start pedestal noise tests, get picture of widths first, then later longer term studies.
- Dustin will coordinate with ISU and SBU group, keep KP in loop too.
- DAQ is needed by several different people for several different tasks.
- If you are using it, coordinate on PREX Slack channel. In particular, notify start and stop of work
- Back out to leave in functional state for injector studies
- When APEX starts, testing will be a lot more difficult, so get done what you can when you have the chance
- Schedule for next mtg: Ciprian Weekly Meeting Discussion Topics
- Beam Modulation: Victoria, Ye
- Ion chamber positions: Ciprian
- anyone else?
Paul K, Sanghwa, Robert, Adam, Amali, Ye, Eric, Tao, Caryn
Cameron, Chandan, David Armstrong, Devi, Krishna, Ryan, Victoria, Kent, Cip, Dustin, Guido, Rich, Mark Pitt, Sakib, Juliette, Silviu, Jinlong, Bob
Cannot make it
Ciprian G, Dave G, Seamus