PREX/CREX Jun 6, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 627 455 790 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/627455790 Offline room: CEBAF Center L210A
- SAM Geometry Optimization slides - Cameron, haplog 3508, [link]
- CC: this simulation is consistent with previous simulations done by CG
- CC: first change is the spherical endcap: produces 10-15% reduction
- CC: ran several simulation for baseline
- CC: besides the first simulation the rest were run with a cylinder end. CG: we should start using a spherical end because the cylinder would not withstand the pressure differential at 10 mills.
- DM: would prefer to not change the quartz thickness and first try to pull it out.
- CG: is quartz thickness something reasonable? DM: 6mm is reasonable.
- Other: all
- DM: last week we did a beam test and irradiated some quartz (mostly for MOLLER) and some plastic. KP: what would be the geometry of the piece? DM: dog-bone 6 in long, 1 in at the end and 0.5 in at the middle.
- CC: we should start tagging different pages on the wiki so that we get better organized.
- KP: we are converging on the 25-26 July for the collaboration meeting
Dave G, Sanghwa P, Ciprian G, Eric K, Caryn P, Ryan R, Devi A, Dustin M, Adam Z, Cameron C, Tao Y, Chandan G, Kent P,
Silviu C, David A, Victoria O,