PREX/CREX Mar 19, 2019 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 21:01, 19 March 2019 by Ciprian Gal
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 628 981 532 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/628981532 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- APEX running and beam studies update: Ciprian
- CG: we are on schedule. We'll hear updates from the different groups that run tests next week.
- Installation update: Ciprian
- DM: planning to deinstall and install on the 28th and 29th. We will have everything on hand by that time so we should be all set.
- DM: we will pump down the vacuum to make sure the insertion tubes have a good seal. That will take 24h so we will most likely install the detectors on Sat
- japan: Paul K/Ciprian DocDB-361
- PK: we are behind on some of projects for the analyzer, but we expect to make better progress in the next few weeks.
- Ion chamber simulations: Adam slides
- AZ: numbers are kRad/h. We appear to have sever areas that would work very well for machine protection. CG: we just need to be sure that the target themselves don't reach a level that make these chambers useless.
- KP: should we simulate a previous experiment to gauge our radiation levels? CG: that is a good idea and we should probably look at APEX since it's fresh in everyone's mind.
- Cosmic stand: Chandan slides
- ChG: circuit diagram for the counting mode DAQ looks straightforward. DM: where are the GEMs? ChG: will be included in the digram but the path of the trigger is clear. KK: we will always need to go down to switch between the integrating and counting mode (access required). KP: not ideal but we will have to deal with it.
- ChG: the rate in the slide should be 8X larger (bit vs byte).
- ChG: will try to look at the foil in detail (maybe open it) to see if we can recover it.
- CC: how many spare foils do we have? DM: we have 5, but it’s hard to assemble without cleaning. So I’ll contact Nilanga to see if we can work in his clean room.
- Discussion for next week:
- Beam modulation: Victoria
- Low current cavities: Ye
- Compton: Adam
- Moller: Sanghwa
Sanghwa P, Ciprian G, Caryn P, Paul K, Robert R, Devi A,
Adam Z, Ryan R, Victoria O, Ye T, KK, Juliette M, Jinlong Z, Chandan G, Silviu D, Dustin M, Tao Y, Rich H, Eric K, Cameron C, Kent P, Mark P,
Cannot make it
Amali P, Dave G, Juan Carlos C,