PREX/CREX Mar 28, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 15:44, 7 June 2018 by Cameronc
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 627 455 790 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/627455790 Offline room: CEBAF Center L210A
- FLUKA sims: Victoria
- KP/VO: we have a worst case scenario for activation from the FLUKA work and we can see that we never reach 500mrem whole body radiation (giving us a factor of two margin for 1rem limit where we need to build a fence).
- Isotope halflife: David
- DA: trying to answer the questions that KK asked at the last meeting regarding long lived lifetimes. Many isotopes that I found were consistent with some literature from Korea (cited). The most dominant isotopes was the 51Cr. If we use a different alloy of steel we will fewer of these. KP: we have these materials in the simulation and we don’t expect anything that would show up and change our result by a factor of two.
- DA: we could do the same exercise with W and other materials that could be activated.
- Other: Kent, Tyler
- TK: looks likely that the run will be extended until May 6th and start early on Aug 23rd. No change to the official calendar until DOE gives go ahead.
- KP: this is a good opportunity for students to sit shift and get experience with running at JLab
Ciprian G, Kent P, Bob M, Adam Z, Cameron C, Caryn P, Eric K, Guido U, Tao Y, Chandan G, David A, Silviu D, Devi A, Dustin M, Victoria O, Amali P, Ryan R, Tyler K,
Sanghwa P, KK, Seamus R, Dave G,