PREX/CREX May 11 2017 1:00pm EDT
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F227
- Caryn: Q1 fringe calculation haplog 3408
- look at the slides in att7
- BM: where is the beam in the figures? KP: the center. on slide 2 the circles are the appertures for the Q1
- CP: the gradiants are 20% smaller
- SR: since everything is on the order of 10s of gaus/cm, so we should not worry about it. KP: this is a question because of the problems that APEX is having.
- KP: the point is that this should be good enough for the ERR if we don't have a full result from Juliette
- SR: we should calculate the field integral. KP: will do that.
- Juliette: Q1 fringe field in TOSCA haplog 3409
- JM: found a configuration that works in TOSCA. Now have fields for both quads and can get a field in between for each. They will cancel. Plan is to merge the 2 quads and 1 septum into a single simulation and run over night.
- JM: this is a simplified model. I would be confident to use this for optics. The stray field around the beamline is probably good enough.
- KP: asked to evaluate fields but no-one expects that to be a significant problem. Secondly evaluate if the fringe from the septum will produce another field with the iron in the Q1.
- Kent (for Lorenzo): Activation plots haplog 3410
- KP: he has some dose cycle (still need to get details). He shows in att3 after 1 month of cooldown. Red is 1000 rem/h/cm2.
- KP: it's not clear what the radiation from the beampipe is.
- SR: this is all on contact.
- KP: att 1 is the spectrum of stuff coming off the collimator (photons and electrons). According to this plot, beta is smaller and softer (below 1MeV). The gammas are about 100 times more.
- KP: Alan G has been working on how to remove this collimator. He has a nice way to do a flange that is similar to a clamp simplifying the de-installation process.
Tyler K, Tao Y, Juliette M, Kent P, Silviu C, Bob M, KK, Sanghwa P, Ciprian G, Caryn P, Dustin M,