PREX/CREX May 23, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 15:44, 7 June 2018 by Cameronc
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 627 455 790 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/627455790 Offline room: CEBAF Center L210A
- Cameron - SAM study progress (Haplog 3502, 3504, DocDB)
- Initial results from running simulations on ifarm with different geometry options
- SAM geometry studies (last week's results)
- Update comparing Cameron's simulation of baseline SAMs (red) with Ciprian's (blue) (units of normalized energy and NEIL deposition per particle, x axis is detector number in the simulation)
- CC: concern from last week was that I had the wrong simulation setup because it didn’t match a plot Adam had. Comparing with Ciprian seems to produce the exact same results.
- CC: hope to get more simulations setup by next week
- Adam - New Collimator Shield Sims slides
- CG: try unborated HDPE? KP: we don’t have a reasonable comparison with tritium, but we probably want to go with borated Poly to reduce thermals. We should still compare with unborated
- CG: the Al tubes should be included in the geometry and you should use the hall detectors Beam Left
- KP: please fill out the doodle poll for the collaboration meeting. DG: some of the dates are at the run start so we should try to avoid them
- SR: from the optics group Tyler is optimizing the collimator for FOM. Ryan is trying to understand the focusing properties of the spectrometers (the septum of the fringe fields could be important).
Ciprian G, Dave G, Adam Z, Amali P, Bob M, Cameron C, Tyler K, Chandan G, Kent P, David A, Devi A, Seamus R, Jay B, Ryan R, Tao Y, Victoria O, Dustin M, Eric King, Silviu D,