PREX/CREX Monday, January 18, 2016 2:00pm EDT
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: +1-888-240-2560 or +1-408-740-7256 and See International Numbers Code: 8540081197
Ciprian, Tyler, rakitha, Seamus, Guido, Kent, Caryn, KK, Dustin
- Discuss about the Engineering meeting : Target region design
- Minutes from Bob Michaels
Meeting minutes, Jan 14, 2016 Present: Al Gavalya, Silviu Covrig, Bob Michaels, Roger Carlini, Wayne Sachleben
Wayne showed some drawings of a linear target mechanism coming from the side on a 2-foot diameter chamber like we discussed in December. It has a long bellows. Wayne will also consider an internal motion mechanism with no bellows.
Wayne will also talk to Al separately about how to mate the target chamber to the downstream chamber, and he'll start to design the Ca48 target region, which may need to come in on a load-lock system. On all this, Wayne will meet periodically with Dave Meekins. And he'll use I-DEAS (CAD software package) so that the work can be integrated more easily into Al's design model. Al Gavalya is responsible for overall design and system integration.
There are some outstanding questions about the collimator design on installation, alignment, interferences, and the de-installation procedure.
Some of us were given some homework assignments to find out things, and we'll meet approximately every 2 weeks.
Again, the goals for this Spring are to have an overall design concept, installation/de-install plan, and enough definition of the outer volume to see where shielding fits.
- DAQ update : Pre-amps for SAM available from Mark Pitt
- DAQ update : add two more VQWK modules into Hall A parity DAQ - Rakitha and Bob
- List of cables we will need : Ciprian, Kent
TO DO Lists
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (discussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)