PREX/CREX Oct 2, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 11:22, 2 October 2018 by Ciprian Gal
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 555 144 462 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- Update on Hall A BPM issues
- CC: BPMs have additional noise in the Y axis (calculated/hall A coordinates). The beam seems to be stable from the bulls eye scan. Current thinking is that the issue is related to the sample and hold cards. Looking at the noise in each wire by looking at the raw signals in the HRS shows noise in all wires. It seems that the calculated X cancels some correlated noise.
- CC: this noise is also seen in the injector BCM. Talked to Michael T. and it seems that the SEE BPM might have some issues with switching of the readout.
- YT: will check with Musson on calibrating the cavity BPMs.
- SR: Gem meeting with Thia, Jack, Jessie and Robin last Th. We presented the inventory and everything seemed fine with everyone. Robin will send us some new drawings with the newer frame. Will make sure our gas distribution system is ok with safety and space.
- SR: we handed off the final list from Dustin with what we’ll need from the lab starting in December for installation. DM: will arrive from ISU around Dec 20th and be at the lab until Jan 6th.
- PREX simulations:
- KP: Adam has been looking at the radiation dose and heat load on the pivot. We may have missed something there that will need some remedy. Adam is continuing to investigate to make sure everything is ok in the simulation and then move on to mitigation.
Amali P, Cameron C, Ciprian G, Chandon G, David A, Devi A, Dustin M, Erik K, Paul K, Adam Z, Rich H, Victoria O, Dave G, Caryn P, Ye T, Kent P, Guido U, Paul S, Bob M, Ryan R, Seamus R, Jinlong Z, Silviu D,
Sanghwa P, KK,