PREX/CREX Oct 23, 2018 10:00am

From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 11:19, 23 October 2018 by Kent Paschke (Talk | contribs) (Present)

Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> PREX/CREX_Teleconferences

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Logistic information

 BlueJeans calling instructions:
 Toll-Free Number (U.S.&  Canada):  888-240-2560
 International toll number:         408-740-7256
 Bluejeans CODE:                  555 144 462
 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462
 Offline room:   CEBAF Center F324-325

Agenda

  1. cavity BPM update:
    • Cameron reports that Cip and John Musson looked at receivers, verifying on a scope that the DAC output for the prex readback were not functioning correctly.
      • Musson is working on this, suspects firmware issue.
    • Even without working analog readback, a low current test plan for the monitors through EPICS can and should be put together
    • Bob is working on getting the PAN .db file working. At present can't resolve adc words into cavity objects. (Would have it done except for all the darn meetings)
    • Cameron will prepare parameter files for JAPAN for the counting house DAQ. He will send them to Paul King to get help on catching any issues. To be discussed at tomorrow morning's analyzer meeting.
  2. radiation around collimator update: Adam HAPLOG Entry 3554
    • Finds that a 1cm stainless steel shield is effective at reducing dose below 2e5 Gray on HDPE surface layer.
    • Will evaluate an aluminum shield as well, which will have less long-lived radiological activation and will be cheaper/easier to build.
    • Victoria reports that her FLUKA simulation confirms Adam's results. To be logged later.
  3. Infrastructure needs for GEM and integrating detector set up at JLab
    • Seamus sent list to Thia on Oct 1. Dustin will forward to Bob for discussion.
    • Setup hoped to start in late december (before christmas).
    • Dustin and Bob will confer on the list to:
      • identifuy easy-to-find and hard-to-find items.
      • make list to take to Hall A technical staff for help scrounging
      • start scrounging what can be found already, or identify particular sources
  4. ET system now working! Bob reports on this, to be discussed more at tomorrow's analyzer meeting
    • Next step: vary rates, throughput on test DAQ
    • Also next step: continue work on online monitor client (panguin?)
  5. SAMs
    • radiation simulations: Cameron - slides
    • Seamus reports on new design (thicker tube, welded to conflat on one end and thin tube+dome on the other).
      • to use 6061 Aluminum (less strong, but much easier to weld)
      • about 1 month lead time, order $10k
      • New design already evaluated by Tao in COMSOL, appears mechanically robust
    • This will be discussed in Thursday SAM meeting
  6. Moller polarimeter
    • Jinlong has talked to Simona about getting access to system for Kerr studies.
    • Gaskell points out work is still going on to repackage the target motion hardware. This must be done first.
    • Hall A plans installation on hall beamline between mid-November and mid-December.
    • Kerr studies would need to complete before such an installation (and would need to not interfere with preparations for installation). If possible, Jinlong will pursue.
  7. Upcoming November 11-12 collaboration meeting
    • Registration link
    • Strawman draft agenda on docdb, please review and make suggestions/comments docdb
      • Scheduled for two full days
      • suggestions so far: review of preparations at JLab, cavity studies, other changes to polarimetry sessions

Present

Adam, Bob, Cameron, Caryn, Chandon, Deve, Victoria, Dave Gaskell, Amali, Guido, Jay, Jinlong, Paul King, Rakitha, Rich, Ryan, Seamus, Silviu, Tao

Excused

Cip (run coordinatin')