PREX/CREX Sep 11, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Back to Main Page >> PREX/CREX_Teleconferences
previous meeting << >> following meeting
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 555 144 462 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- disk space issues
- Cameron's SAM simulations are running. Sakib was losing output, but isn't totally clear how fast this is disappearing.
- Work disks has 200 Gb of old collaborator space (Wexler, Mindy, Nickie). This is significant chunk, should be cleaned off or pushed to tape then cleaned off.
- May need a request to separate MOLLER from PREX in work and volatile (SOLID is already separate). Seamus will advise KK on this.
- Work disks not full, can be used.
- Large outputs should be pushed to tape if needed later.
- Probably we should ask for more volatile space for PREX and MOLLER, since 1 million events is approximately 1GB for PrexSim and MOLLER output from remoll can be 100 times larger
- These large file sizes are only a problem when running an unedited default version of the code
- There is already a "pruneTree" executable included in the prexSim repository that can remove unwanted branches and detector hits
- Turning off detectors that are not of immediate interest can reduce output sizes by a factor of 100
- However, in the event that full output is wanted it is possible to run 2 billion events before hitting the current 3 TB volatile limit starts erasing old files, which sounds like a lot, but that is only enough for 20 separate configurations of 100 million event runs, which is actually on the very low end of precise radiation simulation statistics runs needs
- Rakitha reminds us that the MOLLER simulation meeting is now scheduled on Thursdays at 2pm.
- Dustin: [Quartz thickness study update https://prex.jlab.org/DocDB/0002/000235/004/PREX_II_quartzStudy.pdf]
- - Looking at 5mm / 5mm upstream/downstream. This will be about 8nA photocurrent. should fit into the linearity range. Will be tested carefully.
- will be traveling 9/18-25.
- Suggests prep for GEM meeting on 9/27. KK points out we should have a premeeting on 25th or 26th. Seamus is on owl shift at that time.
- Septum coil is being test fitted. May require some grinding or cutting on yoke. To be determined. Septum will be moved from hall before running resumes.
- Beam studies underway. Amali and Cameron are running these. Much time to grow familiar with MCC. Studying gun and injector properties.
Kent, Adam, Amali, Bob, Brian, Cameron, Chandan, David A, Dave G, Devi, Eric, Guido, Jinlong, KK, Paul K, Paul S, Rakitha, Rich, Ryan, Seamus, Silviu, Tao, Victoria, Ye
Cip, Bob, Amali, Cameron, Caryn