PREX/CREX Sep 11, 2018 10:00am
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 10:55, 11 September 2018 by Kent Paschke
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 555 144 462 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/555144462 Offline room: CEBAF Center F324-325
- disk space issues
- Cameron's SAM simulations are running. Sakib was losing output, but isn't totally clear how fast this is disappearing.
- Work disks has 200 Gb of old collaborator space (Wexler, Mindy, Nickie). This is significant chunk, should be cleaned off or pushed to tape then cleaned off.
- May need a request to separate MOLLER from PREX (SOLID is already separate). Seamus will advise KK on this.
- Work disks not full, can be used.
- Large outputs should be pushed to tape if needed later.
- Rakitha reminds us that the MOLLER simulation meeting is now scheduled on Thursdays at 2pm.
- Dustin: [Quartz thickness study update https://prex.jlab.org/DocDB/0002/000235/004/PREX_II_quartzStudy.pdf]
- - Looking at 5mm / 5mm upstream/downstream. This will be about 8nA photocurrent. should fit into the linearity range. Will be tested carefully.
- will be traveling 9/18-25.
- Suggests prep for GEM meeting on 9/27. KK points out we should have a premeeting on 25th or 26th. Seamus is on owl shift at that time.
- Septum coil is being test fitted. May require some grinding or cutting on yoke. To be determined. Septum will be moved from hall before running resumes.
- Beam studies underway. Amali and Cameron are running these. Much time to grow familiar with MCC. Studying gun and injector properties.
Kent, Adam, Amali, Bob, Brian, Cameron, Chandan, David A, Dave G, Devi, Eric, Guido, Jinlong, KK, Paul K, Paul S, Rakitha, Rich, Ryan, Seamus, Silviu, Tao, Victoria, Ye
Cip, Bob, Amali, Cameron, Caryn Cip, Bob, Amali, Cameron, Caryn