PREX/CREX Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
The teleconference info is as follows:
Phone #: 1-866-740-1260 Code: 6931422
Update from Rakitha : PREX_HighE_Neutron
- We need to determine, Is the target the main source of high energy neutron or not. Initial simulation results suggested that target is not the main contributor.
- Other questions we would like to get answers are,
- What electronic failures happened during PREX-I. We would like to know whether PREX-I have done permanent damage to electronics. Bob will talk with Jack Segal and other techs at the Hall A to make a summary of electronic failures
- We would also like to know about radiation tolerances in new radiation hard electronics in the Hall A. (Bob)
- From above investigations we would also like to know whether,
1. The electronic damages done by PREX-I was cumulative or not? 2. Can we definitely find out that either low or high energy neutrons done the greater damage during PREX-I? For instance failure of opto-couplers suggest that damages would have been a dislodge effect since these devices have no digital electronics and could be due to high energy neutrons.
- Various kind of radiation damages occur in electronics.
- Paul cited wiki as a good general source for this.
- What kind of damages thermal neutrons do in electronics?
- What kind of damages high energy neutrons do in electronics?
- From Last Meeting
- Beam parasitic studies
TO DO Lists
- Have a optic calibration run plan (discussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)
- It would be nice to have real-time viewer for optics studies in commissioning (disussed in 01/16/2014 meeting)